Some impressive defensive stats to chew on today

Rubes

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Well, it's officially a problem. McDermott needs to find a way to get his unit to perform late in games. He is the defensive coordinator. It is up to him to figure out. Even with all the injuries, the defense should at least be average.

The team as a whole lacks discipline and fundamentals, which are things McDermott supposedly preaches. Somehow that message is not getting across.

It's been a problem for years, people have just been blind to it because the QB was bailing him out. He hasn't put in the slightest bit of work to improve himself as a Head Coach for over 7 years, no reason to think it's immediately going to happen for year 8. It's time to cut the cord, it's long overdue. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So same players who are able to execute for 3/4 of the game somehow lose that ability when it comes time protect a lead late in the game?

That doesn’t compute to me. 

They don't lose ability, they don't adjust as quickly as they are second string talent. Our D is good right now but not great. Talent just isn't there man....

10 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

All fair points. But I still think McD stays as coach for next season. Pegula will not fire him... right or wrong.

And I agree, only 2 ways I see him gone are either a major locker room mutiny or he does what Leslie Frazier allegedly did and needs some "time away". And I don't think either of those happen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

To me and every other person who understands football - it is the fact that we are fielding second string players as we are decimated by injury to most positions on the Defense. Therefore, it is easier for our competition to make adjustments which clearly shows during our past 8 games. Not hard to figure out. Our players can't seem to adjust and execute. Bad tackling, poor execution will do this to a team.

If we had Daquan Jones, Matt Milano, Tre White and Von (Healthy) this would be a much different conversation! We have even had Dane and Benford out for some games too. Poyer too. Unreal.

But yeah... let's fire the coach and GM. 

This may be a valid excuse against the Jags & Eagles but it is not a valid excuse against the Bronco's & Pats and but for the luck of the Irish against the Giants.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.