giving the Bucs the short sideline throws on their final possession

dave mcbride

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Wait for the people who ignore this or combat it with the results mean it doesn't matter.

Real depth in their thoughts. Kiddy pool deep.

Yesterday our defensive strategy was odd. We let Mayfield nearly beat us. Padded coverage against Mike Evans, Godwin yac, etc. 

Poyer as an LB was interesting, though. 

Weird defensive game. 

Bucs don’t have a great offense, but neither do the Pats, and we’re coming off a game where they controlled the LOS and Mac Jones did whatever he wanted with incessant short throws.  

Against Tampa, the Defense gave up two TD drives.  One on a quick change, short field.   One at the end, which was one of the FLUKIEST drives you’ll ever see. 

I agree that Poyer as LB was interesting, and based off initial returns, he looked back to being pro-bowl caliber Po last night. 

Lots of second guessing, but the reality is we should’ve won comfortably if players execute.  The overload blitz on 4th down is something a lot of us have been hoping to see from this team after year of Frazier bend/don’t break.    

It worked.  Phillips just can’t grab the face mask there.   He did … then the ball decided to bounce off Benford for a TD, and off Phillips for a 2 point conversion.  

….and here we all are, attacking McDermott.  

Anyone who follows my posting knows I’m very much undecided on whether we can win big with him … but I can’t kill him for last night.   I’m pretty confident he doesnt punt over and over like he did if we’re playing an offense that poses a bigger threat. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.