Anybody watching "The 4400"?

I DVR'd the first season they replayed all afternoon and the season 2 premier last night. I got through the first 3 episodes. It seems a little X-files like but it's pretty good. Anybody watching it?

351832[/snapback]

I watched it last year and it is pretty interesting. It's on USA, so the budget is pretty low and it shows sometimes. I saw a comment in TV guide along the lines of, "It's an A+ show wrapped in a B-movie outfit." (or something like that).

I didn't watch the episode last night, but I recorded it.

http://www.the4400.com

BTW, the little girl is downright creepy. :lol:

CW

I agree. She is a little weird. There has to be something else about her besides being able to tell the future. I don't see that freaking everybody out as bad as it does alone.

I'm going to try to finish up the rest of season one tonight and maybe the season two premier too if I can stay awake long enough. :lol:

You beat me to the punch in posting about this show. If you are a LOST fan, this show is right up your alley as it has that same mysterious "what-the-f is going on" theme to it.

I recorded the all the shows last night (they replayed season 1) and got through half of them. The show is great, it's actually unbelieveable for a non-major network channel. I'm excited that I actually have something to watch in the summer. Critics seem to thing it's one of the best shows on TV.

If you don't know what the show is about, 4400 people were abducted from more than a half century and then they were returned in 2005 without aging a day. They all have powers unbeknown to each of them. They slowly find out they are back for a reason ... to save the world, but the world is turning on them. It also has powerful moments like in LOST where people return to their families they lost and there family has moved on without them (re-married, etc).

Are you calling me the TSW bully?

Give me your milk money!!!  :lol:

CW

351891[/snapback]

Online bullying is the wave of the future. What paypal account do you want me to send the money to?

Online bullying is the wave of the future. What paypal account do you want me to send the money to?

351892[/snapback]

Just give me your paypal account and password and I'll figure it out myself :lol:

CW

Back to the show...

I got hooked last year, bought the DVD when it came out in December, and now am hooked on season two. I'm glad its getting recognition, I hate to see good shows cancelled, and "The simple Life" keeps getting renewed.

So, are we allowed to start debating points?

Back to the show...

I got hooked last year, bought the DVD when it came out in December, and now am hooked on season two.  I'm glad its getting recognition, I hate to see good shows cancelled, and "The simple Life" keeps getting renewed.

So, are we allowed to start debating points?

352120[/snapback]

I don't know how well I'd be able to debate. I'm only through the first three episodes. The two hour first one and two after that. I'm not worried about spoilers though, so feel free...

I don't know how well I'd be able to debate. I'm only through the first three episodes. The two hour first one and two after that. I'm not worried about spoilers though, so feel free...

352133[/snapback]

No way... its too good to ruin anything. Watch, and let me know when you're finished. I'll be here waiting.

Just watched the season opener -- very well done. The woman who plays Tes in this episode is also the same woman who plays River Tam on Firefly/Serenity ( http://www.serenitymovie.com and http://www.cantstopthesignal.com). It's good to see some good actors getting airtime.

Also, the guy at the end of the episode was played by the blue alien on "Enterprise." Very nicely done.

Maya isn't anywhere near as creepy as she was in the first season... Hopefully that'll come back. Her having a crush on Frank Sinatra was pretty funny though. :w00t:

CW

I only started watching it because it was Produced by Ira Steven Behr. Last nights episode was great. The crazy family hunting Richard, Lily and the baby was well done. If you havent seen the show yet, you should check it out, beats the summer reality shows.

Also, Jeffrey Combs was in last nights episode, and that can only be a plus.