Greatest Individual Season in Buffalo History

Mango

Greatest Individual Season n Buffalo Sports History  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Individual Season n Buffalo Sports History

• 1998-99 Domink Hasek: Carried a flawed roster 6 games into the Stanley Cup Final. Won his 3rd Vezina with a .935 S% and 1.85 GAA. Should have won the Hart Trophy for a 3rd consecutive year.
    • 1990 Bruce Smith: Bills make their first run to the Super Bowl. Bruce records 19 sacks only overshadowed by Derrick Thomas 20. 7th best season of all time all from the 3-4 DE.
    • 1991 Thurman Thomas: 1400 rushing yards at 4.9 ypc. Plus 600 yards receiving. NFL MVP and OPOY. 7th best season by a RB at the time.
    • 1992-93 Alexander Mogilny: 6 goals, 51 assists. 127 points. Tied Selanne in Goals. 7th in total points. 5th most goals in a season ever.
    • Rudy Pikuzinski: That mullet and mustache
    • 1975 Bob McAdoo: 1975 NBA MVP (34.5 points, 14.1 rebounds. and 2.12 blocks per game, while shooting 51.2% from the field and 80.5% from the free-throw line)
    • 1973 OJ Simpson: 2003 yards 14 games. Permanently put him in the pantheon of all time great RB's.
    • 1975 OJ Simpson: 329 carries for 1817 yds (5.8 ypc) and 16 TDs. 129.8 ypg average. 28 receptions for 426 yds (15.2 ypc) and 7 TDs. 30.2 ypg average. In 14 games he generated 2243 yards and 23TDs.That's 160 ypg and 1.65 TDs per game.

Typical Buffalo sports fans picking out players and teams that lost failing at the end of the day. None of these Buffalo professional teams and players should be on the top Buffalo list not a one. On the list sure yes but the top of the list no. BSF top pick the 1993 MILL Buffalo Bandits John Tavares, Jim Veltman he won a ton of championships in Toronto one of the single worst decisions ever by a Buffalo sports team to not protect Jim Veltman when he went on a mission overseas for a year or something it was ridiculous Buffalo got nothing compensation wise we would have all those Toronto Rock championships there should be 10 plus championships up in the rafters and the Kilgour Brothers Darris and Rich. If that happened 10 plus championships there wouldn’t be debate the Buffalo Bandits are the greatest professional franchise in the history of Buffalo sports. I don’t care from the critics if the Buffalo Bandits players make $500 or $1,000 a game they are professional athletes.

The 1992 MILL Buffalo Bandits won their first championship my first professional as a Buffalo sports fan as a winner but the 1993 Buffalo Bandits team was the best ever in the history of Buffalo sports not much debate they didn’t lose a single game and the streak went on for like two years undefeated. Honorable mentions 1994 RHI Roller Hockey Buffalo Stampede Murphy Cup champions Buffalo’s last professional hockey championship of any kind. John Vecchiarelli, Alex Hicks, Nick Vitucci and John Hendy that scored the game winner past Portland Rage goalie Lance Carlson the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium went nuts great game I was at. 1996 MILL Buffalo Bandits and the 2008 NLL Buffalo Bandits. Then we have the minors Buffalo Baseball Bisons Jeff Manto American Association 1997 that team was better than 1998 they won the IL Governors Cup champions but lost the first Triple A World Series in Las Vegas to the New Orleans Zephyrs so I would rank 1997 higher than 1998 and 2004 IL Governors Cup champions no triple a World Series series was held in 2004 Brandon Phillips was the star on that Bisons team in my opinion. Go Bandits! Go Bisons! Let’s Go Buffalo 

On 2/22/2023 at 11:46 PM, Mango said:

It’s been nearly 25 years. Kids were born, came of drinking age, got 401k’s, and produced grand children between now and then.

What a heart break year and that still might be the best combined year in Buffalo sports history. 

I was conflicted on whether or not to include OJ. 

it was worth a stab 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.