Cowboys looking for an OC - part ways with Moore

Big Blitz

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

McCarthy wants to be the play caller as he honestly believes he can fix Daks issues.

Moore is a great young mind. Moore working with Josh would be something but McDermott would never hire him as he would be a threat to his job. Sean only wants assistants who are no threat to his employment

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

McDermott isn’t going to hire a coach who is a threat to his job…if he hires a young up and coming OC and the defense goes belly up at the end of the season like it does every year under McDermott going back to the 16-0 collapse in Houston…someone will be the fall guy and it would most likely be him. 
Sean is very protective of his spot Leslie and Ken are absolutely no threat to his employment and he likes it that way. 

1. What examples do you have of instances where a HC is fired and one of his coordinators gets the HC gig?  I can't think of any, but maybe I'm missing something

2. Just what do you mean by "threat to his job"?  Daboll took a HC gig and took the Giants to the Divisional round in a year most people thought was slated for "rebuilding".  Wouldn't that show he was a "threat to McDermott's job"?

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

1. What examples do you have of instances where a HC is fired and one of his coordinators gets the HC gig?  I can't think of any, but maybe I'm missing something

2. Just what do you mean by "threat to his job"?  Daboll took a HC gig and took the Giants to the Divisional round in a year most people thought was slated for "rebuilding".  Wouldn't that show he was a "threat to McDermott's job"?

In Dallas Jason Garrett 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.