Need help with a dog name

stevestojan

Thanks all for the awesome recommendations and just the cool discussion. 

Soooo. We needed up with a total 180 in the dog adoption area.  

While going through the different reduces/shelters we found a 2 year old male beagle named Doug (was originally from a puppy mill and that’s the name he had). We just got him yesterday!

And here’s my wife’s GOAT moment. She said, and I quote: 

“We could make his middle name Allen for both Josh and then it’s Doug Allen, the dude that sang the national anthem that you liked.” (My wife is from Southern California and let’s just say hockey wasn’t her sport growing up). 

That, my friends, is marrying up.

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Thanks all for the awesome recommendations and just the cool discussion. 

Soooo. We needed up with a total 180 in the dog adoption area.  

While going through the different reduces/shelters we found a 2 year old male beagle named Doug (was originally from a puppy mill and that’s the name he had). We just got him yesterday!

And here’s my wife’s GOAT moment. She said, and I quote: 

“We could make his middle name Allen for both Josh and then it’s Doug Allen, the dude that sang the national anthem that you liked.”

That, my friends, is marrying up.

Congrats! Im glad the name was decided. Sometimes the shelters pick really bad names. I adopted a white boxer they named cracker. I was appalled. Immediately changed it to "Angel"

smh

11 minutes ago, muppy said:

Congrats! Im glad the name was decided. Sometimes the shelters pick really bad names. I adopted a white boxer they named cracker. I was appalled. Immediately changed it to "Angel"

smh

Thanks!! 

My last one (the one that just passed) was named Missy at the pound. Not a bad name, I suppose, but it was the name of a close family friend (well Melissa, but everyone calls her Missy) so it was just weird to use that name. 

Her name ended up being Alabama (Bama for short). Nothing to do with “roll tide” or anything. My favorite movie is True Romance and the lead female character is named Alabama. 

Edited by stevestojan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.