At what point did you hit the Mute

Thailog80

If you love Madden (or even if you don't) watch frank Calliendo (sp?) from MadTV. He does the absolute best Madden impression. I believe he does it on some of the Fox pregame shows too.

26607[/snapback]

Those are the funniest skits I have ever seen. I love the popcorn popper one.

"Hi folks, John Madden here telling you about the new Madden popcorn popper. This Madden popcorn popper pops the popcorn the way popcorn should be popped, and is supposed to be popped. You can't eat popcorn when the popcorn is not poppped like popcorn should be popped. Buy my Madden popcorn popper and see just how good the popcorn is when its popped with the Madden popcorn popper. Its the way popcorn should be popped. I guarantee you will never taste popcorn better than the popcorn that is popped with the Madden popcorn popping machine".

Not an exact quote, but you get the idea.

Did you all see Brady's first bootleg when Madden insisted it was a broken play even though the replay showed it really was a designed play? And Al Michaels caved in and kept his mouth shut.

Then a few series later Brady did it again, and Madden realized (but didn't say it) that the first Brady run was in fact a designed play.

Madden is just out of touch and is all opinion. I personally find his opinions irrelevant.

I for one like madden in the booth. He's a color guy. he gives color. Some of the things he says are either dumb or incorrect, but that's his job. Madden is much better than fouts or miller. Madden knows what he's talking about and he gets people to listen. The fact that this thread is on page 2 tells you something. You don't see many long anti-solomon wolcots threads do you?

I for one like madden in the booth.  He's a color guy.  he gives color.  Some of the things he says are either dumb or incorrect, but that's his job.  Madden is much better than fouts or miller.  Madden knows what he's talking about and he gets people to listen.  The fact that this thread is on page 2 tells you something.  You don't see many long anti-solomon wolcots threads do you?

26737[/snapback]

Hate to admit it, I think listening to Madden is funny. It's to the point where I look for him to say dumb things, and stay around saying "Outstanding insight, John."

From a personality standpoint, he's my new Howard Cosell.