Anyone else never see

I saw the original, 12 times the summer it came out. I was 11. I stole money out of my dad's wallet every Saturday morning, to go see it. By the time "Empire" came out, I was "too cool" to get too excited about it. I saw it once, at a discount show (that was still in the good old days when big movies were up for months on end! Now they are out on DVD in two months!), and saw "Return of the Jedi". I have been told, over and over, by "Star Wars geeks" that "Empire" is by far the best. I like it okay, but the first one was like what I imagine my dad told me "Wizard Of Oz" was in his day. I thought "Return of the Jedi" was kind of fun, but not great.

Years later, when "Phantom Menace" came out, I got very excited. I really looked forward to it. I saw it at midnight, the Sunday it came out. I can honestly say, it was the only time in my life that I wanted to walk out of a movie. It was the worst POS I have ever seen. I am told the "Clone Wars" was much better, and that the new one is "awesome", but as PE said, I can't "believe the hype". Sorry, I think computer animation, as amazing as it is, has ruined sci-fi and fantasy films. When did they stop writing scripts. I know, if you read the books, you will enjoy the films more. Blah, blah, blah...who has time to read "Star Wars" books?

Believe me, I am not one of those who looks down on Trekkies, or Star Wars fanatics, I just don't trust Hollywood anymore. I have my own obsessions (Buffalo Bills, "Sopranos" and most Brazilian girls) I have not seen one "blockbuster" movie in years, that hasn't sucked! IMO, "Star Wars" will never be able to live up to its' own hype...