Trump Is Just A Con Man, You Can Admit That, Right???

Tiberius

29 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Your argument here, as incoherent as it is, is in direct contradiction with the guy you are apparently trying to back up. 

daz - opec has the spigot turned off

you - we have more than ever! Also, coffee!

No, I said OPEC has their hand on the spigot at just the right amount to keep gas prices high, where they like them.  You haven't disputed that, so I'll assume you agree.  They're bleeding us for every cent they can, and it most certainly has an effect on other goods in a synergistic manner.  

17 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Massive deficit Covid spending by both recent presidents overwhelmingly drove inflation....and it was the right thing to do.  The economy would have been much worse off without it.

There's only one problem with this argument, and that is that we incurred debt on that money, and we pay interest on it.  If you have 3 mortgages or 10 or 100, is the next dollar you spend worth any less?  If we paid off our national debt tomorrow, would everything go down in price by 75%?  Inflation is part of the capitalist game to keep people poor.  Do you think you could get people to do the menial labors necessary to run the economy if everyone had plenty of money???

9 minutes ago, daz28 said:

No, I said OPEC has their hand on the spigot at just the right amount to keep gas prices high, where they like them.  You haven't disputed that, so I'll assume you agree. 

I stated earlier that energy prices are a factor in driving inflation. You made an incorrect claim that fuel prices “overwhelmingly” drive inflation. You are wrong but are dancing around unwilling to admit you overstated your belief. 

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I stated earlier that energy prices are a factor in driving inflation. You made an incorrect claim that fuel prices “overwhelmingly” drive inflation. You are wrong but are dancing around unwilling to admit you overstated your belief. 

Except you haven't told me what is then, you've just claimed I was wrong, and hung up the phone.  

Like I already said, if gas became $1/gallon tomorrow, what would that do to the cost of delivering goods?  Would the greedy corporations just continue to charge the same amount, and pocket the excess profit?  That's the only real question here, but I already laid blame at their feet, too.  You guys keep pretending it's all Bidens fault, though.  

15 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Except you haven't told me what is then, you've just claimed I was wrong, and hung up the phone.  

Like I already said, if gas became $1/gallon tomorrow, what would that do to the cost of delivering goods?  Would the greedy corporations just continue to charge the same amount, and pocket the excess profit?  That's the only real question here, but I already laid blame at their feet, too.  You guys keep pretending it's all Bidens fault, though.  

Many factors to include supply/demand, costs of production to include raw materias (energy) and wages, govt overstimulation. No one thing overwhelming another. You have boiled it down to fuel being the “overwhelming” cause of inflation and are sticking to it. Good for you. 

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Many factors to include supply/demand, costs of production to include raw materias (energy) and wages, govt overstimulation. No one thing overwhelming another. You have boiled it down to fuel being the “overwhelming” cause of inflation and are sticking to it. Good for you. 

Because it effects the cost of doing business in almost every other industry, and it has a synergistic effect within them.  The single most important raw material, w/o any question.  We can agree to disagree.  

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Your argument here, as incoherent as it is, is in direct contradiction with the guy you are apparently trying to back up. 

daz - opec has the spigot turned off

you - we have more than ever! Also, coffee!

We’re not opec. You do understand that right? 

3 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

We’re not opec. You do understand that right? 

Your inability to follow along with a conversation you jumped into is a you problem. Go have a vente mocha cappuccino. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

4thand stain..

Still bored and wasting time!

:lol:

I love these posts. Thanks for telling me I’m right. If you had anything good to say to prove me wrong you would say it. When you have nothing you resort to name calling. 

43 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Because it effects the cost of doing business in almost every other industry, and it has a synergistic effect within them.  The single most important raw material, w/o any question.  We can agree to disagree.  

And is therefore the overwhelming cause of inflation!

good heavens 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, daz28 said:

If you have 3 mortgages or 10 or 100, is the next dollar you spend worth any less? 

I don't think this is an apt analogy.  Individual personal mortgages don't increase the money supply for the entire economy, which makes existing money worth less.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1