New Statistic Idea for Josh Allen

DieHardBillsFan

I have been excited and happy that JA is able to get out of games early and the Bills get blow out wins. These are incredible things! I also look at how last year he wasn't selected as MVP or even to the Pro Bowl after looking at his end of year stats. I think that the Bills winning the Super Bowl is more important than any individual stat. I would also like to see JA go down as the best QB of all time! I am a stats guy and think there should be something to display how amazing JA is without forcing him to stay in when the game is in the bag.

New Stat: How many games does the back up QB start playing the game before the 2 minute warning and the starting QB isn't out with an injury.

Sure, this will happen when the starter is sat because he is playing poorly as well, but not very often. This is also going to be due to the quality of Defense, so should it also be a McD stat? What are your thoughts? Is there another stat to record for JA besides the obvious #SB wins? Obviously, the stats as they are, will not clearly demonstrate how good JA is if he keeps sitting out of games before most of the 4th quarter has finished.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I would suggest how many game minutes an otherwise healthy starting qb sits in 2nd half due to large lead in score. Those minutes could be used to predict passing yds and passing TDs if the qb had played full games. At the end of the year, if media are talking about which qb was best based on stats, those minutes of sitting need to be considered. The way this team is playing, Josh may end up sitting more than a full game due to large 2nd half leads.

Edited by Andy1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I would suggest how many game minutes an otherwise healthy starting qb sits in 2nd half due to large lead in score. Those minutes could be used to predict passing yds and passing TDs if the qb had played full games. At the end of the year, if media are talking about which qb was best based on stats, those minutes of sitting need to be considered. The way this team is playing, Josh may end up sitting more than a full game due to large 2nd half leads.

That is supporting my separate position that season records should be divided by games so all of history isn't broken due to the 17 game seasons now. This would be based on season. So it use to be 11 games and 14 and 16. The final season stats should then be divided by the number of games that season and now multiplied by what the current total is for the season ending stats. So if you had 1600 rushing yards in a 16 game season, that total would be brought up to 1700 for a 17 game season. Since it is based on season and not starts, injuries are still impacted as they should be. The endurance factor should count.

48 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So now blow outs are bad for stats and pro bowl voting too? 😂 

As I posted, blow outs are incredible! and I hope we can do that all season for JA, BUT that is exactly what I am saying. How many games did he sit early last year from blow outs. If he pushed those games to the finish, could he have lead the league in every category last year? I would say it is VERY likely.

Edited by DieHardBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.