(OT) The contender

My DVR didnt record, can anyone tell me what happened?

Thanks

337078[/snapback]

Damn too bad you didnt see it. You missed something special. Alphonso lost a war to Manfredo. Very hard faught, close fight. But the "something special" part was the charachter displayed by Alphonso. Ive never seen a guy with such a great attitude. He graciousness in loss bordered on elegence. He is a mans man. It brought a tear to my eye when he went into Manfredo's locker room after the fight. Face purple and swollen from the fight he still congradulated and praised the guy who just beat him. Alphonso is a awsome guy.

Damn too bad you didnt see it. You missed something special. Alphonso lost a war to Manfredo. Very hard faught, close fight. But the "something special" part was the charachter displayed by Alphonso. Ive never seen a guy with such a great attitude. He graciousness in loss bordered on elegence. He is a mans man. It brought a tear to my eye when he went into Manfredo's locker room after the fight. Face purple and swollen from the fight he still congradulated and praised the guy who just beat him. Alphonso is a awsome guy.

337133[/snapback]

Thats the mark of a true gentlemen- if he can lose with class. Its easy for many to win with class but to lose with class if noble

Mr Mike. I have to disagree with you.

I think the fight will be close but in the end Peter Manfredo will win. I hope Peter wins. Sergio is good but too cocky for me.

Tom

Is anyone still watching this show?

I was glad to see Sergio make it to the final bout. I think he'll beat Peter.

Any other opinions ?

342497[/snapback]

Mr Mike.  I have to disagree with you.

I think the fight will be close but in the end Peter Manfredo will win.  I hope Peter wins.  Sergio is good but too cocky for me.

Tom

342514[/snapback]

Hey Tom ... I think it will be close either way. Sergio is undefeated and seems a little more hungry to me. Peter was eliminated once and is lucky to be back in the tournament. He has fought well since his return, but I'm still picking the Latin Snake.

My DVR didnt record, can anyone tell me what happened?

Thanks

337078[/snapback]

i wish I had seen your post the day you sent it. They show repeats on Monday and Tuesday on CNBC. You could have caught it.

Too anyone who is still watching this show. And it really is too bad this never took off cause its one of the best shows out there. Who is your winner? Personally I think Manfredo over Mora kinda easily in a decision. Mora just has no sting in his punches at all. I actually thought that Brinkley should have beat him if he only upped his work ethic a notch.

I think the Latin Snake takes it. I think Manfredo is too sluggish. He'll have to be on top of his game to tag the elusive Mora. The question I have is will we see any of these guys again after the show is over? I say probably not because the boxing is exciting, but fundamentally pretty bad.

I've heard that the show has few followers ... but I think it was the best thing on TV this year.  What a great couple of fights tonight.  These guys really slugged it out!

344018[/snapback]

NBC is insane for not planning a 2nd season. Watch Vince McMahon rip it off and do a Wrestling Contender. It would be a huge hit.

about tonight, I was really disappointed with Manfredo. I was pulling for the Snake, but PMJR kept leading with his head, all fight long. Makes me wonder if the head butt that took out Joey Gilbert was intentional. And how could he be ranked 3rd overall in the world if he can't even go 7 rounds? That guy was tired....dead on his feet by round 6.

Congrats to the Latin Snake!!! I love when he was getting into it with Peter Sr. during the fight. He had no fear that Jr. could hurt him while he looked away and jawed at his daddy.

And a great fighter never hits another guy when he has his guard down on purpose....it's kind of a fighter's code of honor. Only the desperate one's take the opportunity. But hey, for a million, I might have done the same.

Great show!

I think the Latin Snake takes it.  I think Manfredo is too sluggish.  He'll have to be on top of his game to tag the elusive Mora.  The question I have is will we see any of these guys again after the show is over?  I say probably not because the boxing is exciting, but fundamentally pretty bad.

343071[/snapback]

you called it doc. Manfredo was dead on his feet by round 6.

Snake!!!!!