The new XBOX

it will officially be unveiled on MTV tonight... i am anxious as all get up, i already have my application sent in to a dozen toys r us's so i can get a discount when it comes out in november

Yeah, so i am a big loser... but if they are in as high a demand as i hope, i will ebay a bunch and pay for my first semester of law school.

334763[/snapback]

Hoarding and price guaging eh, you Capitalist Pig! Oh sorry, wrong forum... :):lol:

Hoarding and price guaging eh, you Capitalist Pig! Oh sorry, wrong forum... ;)  :lol:

334767[/snapback]

HaHa! In addition to tuition i plan on donating a large percentage to several needy causes. Just call me Robin Hood in a Bills uni. Stealing from the rich's spoiled rotten children to give to the poor. In this case the poor would be myself, a low income college student. :):lol:

it will officially be unveiled on MTV tonight... i am anxious as all get up, i already have my application sent in to a dozen toys r us's so i can get a discount when it comes out in november

334690[/snapback]

I heard it was only going to be 300 bones :)

334690[/snapback]

Application? Huh?

Regarding the "think Madden" comment -- Madden has a .000001% chance of ever finding itself playing inside my XBox360. EA is a crap company that mostly makes crap games. I had to buy Tiger Woods PGA to have a golf game for the PSP and the ridiculously poor optimization by EA means 5 minutes of golfing is accompanied by 30 minutes of loading time to play 9 holes against a computer opponent. EA generally believes in making a subpar product and convincing consumers through a marketing blitz that they are cutting edge. The NFL exclusivity agreement will bring a dearth of innovation in football computer gaming for the next 5 years. That is unless you think being able to select the vendors and menus for your stadium in Madden 2010 will be a major breakthrough.

Regarding the "think Madden" comment -- Madden has a .000001% chance of ever finding itself playing inside my XBox360.  EA is a crap company that mostly makes crap games.  I had to buy Tiger Woods PGA to have a golf game for the PSP and the ridiculously poor optimization by EA means 5 minutes of golfing is accompanied by 30 minutes of loading time to play 9 holes against a computer opponent.  EA generally believes in making a subpar product and convincing consumers through a marketing blitz that they are cutting edge.  The NFL exclusivity agreement will bring a dearth of innovation in football computer gaming for the next 5 years.  That is unless you think being able to select the vendors and menus for your stadium in Madden 2010 will be a major breakthrough.

335104[/snapback]

Can't blame EA for getting that NFL agreement - it'll be great for their business. I blame the NFL for being dumb enough to sign on.

As for EA, they put out some crap but Madden is always great.

Link

You can tell it's made by Bill Gates' company.  It does look pretty slick though.

334685[/snapback]

I love Microsoft and their products ... but nothing ... NOTHING ... can touch the PS2!

Can't blame EA for getting that NFL agreement - it'll be great for their business.  I blame the NFL for being dumb enough to sign on.

As for EA, they put out some crap but Madden is always great.

335122[/snapback]

I'm an NFL2K fanboy. Got sick and tired of Madden in the late 90's. Bought a Dreamcast and played NFL2K and was blown away. Have been ever since with the possible exception of 2K4. Playing 2K5 is sooooo fun when you have "Shout" playing every time the Bills score. I don't blame EA for doing it, but I do despise them for it.

Regarding the "think Madden" comment -- Madden has a .000001% chance of ever finding itself playing inside my XBox360.  EA is a crap company that mostly makes crap games.  I had to buy Tiger Woods PGA to have a golf game for the PSP and the ridiculously poor optimization by EA means 5 minutes of golfing is accompanied by 30 minutes of loading time to play 9 holes against a computer opponent.  EA generally believes in making a subpar product and convincing consumers through a marketing blitz that they are cutting edge.  The NFL exclusivity agreement will bring a dearth of innovation in football computer gaming for the next 5 years.  That is unless you think being able to select the vendors and menus for your stadium in Madden 2010 will be a major breakthrough.

335104[/snapback]

Jesus, I wonder how they make BILLIONS every year if they only make crap games. EA is probably the best video game maker in the business. I can't even think of another company that's in the same league. Sure, they get lazy every now and then when it comes to adding new features to established games, but even those games are better than whatever the competition has to offer.

I do agree that EA makes pretty good games. I've stated many times that I'm a fan of their NCAA football series, which I think is the best football videogame HANDS DOWN, way better than Madden or even ESPN's 2k5 game, which I though was much better than Madden '05.

As for Madden being "always great"? Not really. I love Madden '02, the '03 game sucks, '04 is pretty good, and '05 is better than '03 but not as good as '04. At least, that's my opinion of Madden. Now the older versions for Sega are good, especially Madden '95 and Madden '97.

Jesus, I wonder how they make BILLIONS every year if they only make crap games. EA is probably the best video game maker in the business. I can't even think of another company that's in the same league. Sure, they get lazy every now and then when it comes to adding new features to established games, but even those games are better than whatever the competition has to offer.

335164[/snapback]

Because most gamers = blind sheep. It's all about marketing with EA. When they put their marketing muscle behind a game it sells like hotcakes regardless of quality. The best game EA has published this year is Oddworld Stranger for the XBox. Arguably it is one of the top 2-3 XBox titles so far this year. (Note that EA only published this game, I'm convinced it turned out so well because they had nothing to do with the development.) Anyway, they gave this game zero marketing effort and so it sold like crap. When they released an absolutely pitiful spinoff on GoldenEye, they marketed and sold the heck out of it. So again, with EA sales have little to do with quality and much to do with marketing because they know as well as I do that most gamers = blind sheep.

Bill Gates IS Satan.

Halo was the best game ever invented on the Macintosh.

The whole thing was laid out in Marathon I and II four years before Gates got the hives to enter the machine building world.

Superior mind. Superior marketing.

Satan.

I just watched the kick-off video on Mtv .

System looks damn damn good!

CLEAN graphics..Rival anything my PC w/GeForce 6800GT can produce!

More details soon :D

335295[/snapback]

Kickoff sucked IMHO. It was about 25 min. of ads and 5 mins of showing the new system. It does look sweet though.