Trouble in Philidelphia

When Eagles owner Jeff Lurie came out and said T.O. wasn't getting another dime, then Owens had to realize he got bad advice from Rosehaus. Lurie rarely speaks to the media and tries to keep a low profile. His words destroyed any leverage Owens believed he had.

Owens/Rosenhaus will now think up some face saving scheme to allow him to return with minimal damage, although I believe he's already lost a vast majority of his support among the fans.

When Eagles owner Jeff Lurie came out and said T.O. wasn't getting another dime, then Owens had to realize he got bad advice from Rosehaus. Lurie rarely  speaks to the media and tries to keep a low profile. His words destroyed any leverage Owens believed he had.

Owens/Rosenhaus will now think up some face saving scheme to allow him to return with minimal damage, although I believe he's already lost a vast majority of his support among the fans.

334534[/snapback]

Not to mention his teammates. Without Freddie there to take some of the heat, he's gonna have alot of fun dealing with the media this season.

Not to mention his teammates. 

334540[/snapback]

I never thought he had much in that area to begin with. He was tolerated for his talent. He did win over a number of fans with his improbable return from injury to play well in the Superbowl.

Now he has flushed all that away. McNabb ripping him was the kiss of death for the locker room support. Owens is an ignorant jackass of epic proportions.

The saddest thing about the whole situation is that all the respect TO earned by defying his doctors, playing in the Super Bowl and playing great has all been thrown in the garbage thanks to a greedy agent who gave him bad advice; especially when he is the 3rd highest paid WR in the league! Boy I hate to see when McGahee becomes a free agent....

The saddest thing about the whole situation is that all the respect TO earned by defying his doctors, playing in the Super Bowl and playing great has all been thrown in the garbage thanks to a greedy agent who gave him bad advice; especially when he is the 3rd highest paid WR in the league! Boy I hate to see when McGahee becomes a free agent....

334553[/snapback]

exactly :)

To put it bluntly, T.O. is an idiot.

We all knew this had the potential to end badly in Philly. I just didn't think it would happen so soon after the Eagles' run to the Super Bowl.

T.O.'s gotta know that Donovan is the Man, not him. Good wideouts are much easier to find than superstar QB's. Look at what happened to Freddie Mitchell. And T.O.'s not a malingerer.

He just doesn't know when to leave well enough alone, and he comes off like a classless jerk.

Oh, and that goes for Rosenhaus, too.

Mike

334553[/snapback]

How is Owens coming out looking like a jackass after listening to Rosenhaus going to help McGahee ? Rosenhaus and his perceived leverage with NFL owners has been weakened considerably by these recent turn of events.

How is Owens coming out looking like a jackass after listening to Rosenhaus going to help McGahee ?  Rosenhaus and his perceived leverage with NFL owners has been weakened considerably by these recent turn of events.

334586[/snapback]

I expect that when people start to draft next year,

they will put the Rosen-wennie factor into the

weighting for draft picks. I wouldn't be

suprised if many of his clients slip in drafts

because GM's will try to find equitable talent

with less possibility of a holdout that hurts the team.

I expect that when people start to draft next year,

they will put the Rosen-wennie factor into the

weighting for draft picks.  I wouldn't be

suprised if many of his clients slip in drafts

because GM's will try to find equitable talent

with less possibility of a holdout that hurts the team.

334661[/snapback]

that is why the skins passed on winslow in the draft and took taylor instead........rather ironic that taylor ended up with rosenhaus anyway.......