For those going to training camp...

...and you might wanna keep your distance as well !

"Both Ezekiel and Hager acknowledge that his on-the-edge style sometimes leads to trouble as there is a fine line between controlled intensity and blind rage.

“I’ve tried to tone it down a bit,” said Ezekiel, adding that he took too many personal fouls last year. “I play that way even at practice and I don’t think some of my teammates like me at practice, but that’s all I know.”"

Link: http://www.dieharddogs.com/news/ezekiel.shtml

""I just hope somebody likes the kind of player I am," Ezekiel said, adding he'll play Arena Football or in the Canadian Football League if he has to. "Hopefully there's a coach or a GM out there who wants an old-school type of player.""

Link: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/arti...s_at_nfl_draft/

Other articles : http://www.liamezekiel.com/quotes.asp

Marc in Montréal

"like a pterodactyl in a canary cage...like Godzilla stomping Tokyo...like a pit bull with behavioral problems"...

Nice. :blush:

He'll certainly be one to keep an eye on at SJF. Just so he doesn't get within five feet of JP....

Also from his web site, the Who Said It? section is the quote from some Ohio football person to the NU athletic director, asking if they fed #51 raw meat!

It's interesting to see a player with so much intensity. But they say he is a reasonable guy off the field, so it isn't just uncontrolled rage all the time.

He's got the intangibles. If he can put it all together, he'll make a nice ST kamikazi:

SMART: scored 28 on the Wonderlic, 4th highest among ILBs at the combine

STRONG: "Ezekiel showed impressive strength at the Combine, leading inside linebacker prospects in reps in the lifting session."

PRODUCTIVE: He played in the East-West Shrine Game in San Francisco in January, where he had six tackles against mostly Division I-A players (tops among LBs and third overall in the game).

WACKY: has "pain" tattooed on his arm.

I'm surprised he didn't get drafted. His mesaureables compare favorably with the top ILB's this year, and his intensity is unmatched (and at times out of control!). Sure he played at a lower level of competition, but he dominated, and showed well at the East-West Shrine game. I can only figure the run-in with the kicker dropped him off every team's board.

I'm surprised he didn't get drafted.  His mesaureables compare favorably with the top ILB's this year, and his intensity is unmatched (and at times out of control!). 

333684[/snapback]

The only big knock on him is his slow 40 time (4.81). However, his 10-yard dash (1.66) and 20-yard shuttle (4.12) times were among the best of the ILBs in the draft, indicating that he has very good short-area quickness.

My guess on why he went undrafted is the combination of slow 40 time and the 1-AA competition. After seeing the 40 time, most teams probably red-flagged him and didn't do much film work to see how productive he was.

Another big thing Liam has going for him is he's cheap. His salary is only $230,000 versus $380,000 for Mario Haggan the only true ILB backing up Fletcher. That $150,000 difference may come in handy in signing another FA (like Shelton) after the June 1 cuts.

The only big knock on him is his slow 40 time (4.81).  However, his 10-yard dash (1.66) and 20-yard shuttle (4.12) times were among the best of the ILBs in the draft, indicating that he has very good short-area quickness.

My guess on why he went undrafted is the combination of slow 40 time and the 1-AA competition.  After seeing the 40 time, most teams probably red-flagged him and didn't do much film work to see how productive he was.

Another big thing Liam has going for him is he's cheap.  His salary is only $230,000 versus $380,000 for Mario Haggan the only true ILB backing up Fletcher.  That $150,000 difference may come in handy in signing another FA (like Shelton) after the June 1 cuts.

His 40-time at the combines was actually faster than 1 of the ILB's drafted in the 2nd round (Ruud?), but as you said, his 10-and 20-yard times were virtually as good or better than the top 3 ILB's, who were taken in the 2nd round. I guess it was a combo of the time, level of competition, and beating-up the kicker. Whatever, I think the Bills got a steal and a guy who at least will be a madman on ST's while he learns MLB.