Just a little Bills' and football trivia

I found this trivia on retired numbers and I thought I would share it with you.

Jim Kelly's #12 is the only number retired by the Bills.

Seattle has the #12 retired also but it's for the "Fans/the twelfth man". That's too bad. I always considered Buffalo as having the twelfth man honor.

The Chicago Bears has the most numberes retired (13).

Dallas and Oakland are 2 of 6 teams that retired none. The others are Baltimore, Houston, Jacksonville and Carolina.

As much as everybody loves the Bills on this board, I thought some of you would be interested in how Buffalo choose their name.

BUFFALO BILLS - Buffalo’s team in the All-America Football Conference (AAFC) in 1946 was the Bisons. In 1947 a contest was held to rename the team, which was owned by James Breuil of the Frontier Oil Company. The winning entry suggested Bills, reflecting on the famous western frontiersman, Buffalo Bill Cody. Carrying the “frontier” theme further, the winning contestant further offered that the team was being supported by Frontier Oil and was “opening a new frontier in sports in Western New York.” When Buffalo joined the new American Football League in 1960, the name of the city’s earlier pro football entry was adopted

I for one would be very disappointed if the Bills were to ever be relocated or to change any part of their name. Other than wanting to see the Bills win a Super Bowl during my lifetime, I would also like very much for Mr. Wilson to experience this privilege as in any other long time, die hard Buffalo fan.

I for one would be very disappointed if the Bills were to ever be relocated or to change any part of their name. Other than wanting to see the Bills win a Super Bowl during my lifetime, I would also like very much for Mr. Wilson to experience this privilege as in any other long time, die hard Buffalo fan.

333255[/snapback]

Actually you should thank Eddie Hayes and Nick Kerbawy as per BB.com they suggested to Wilson that he put the team in Buffalo only because his first choice (Miami) wouldn't let him play games in the Orange Bowl.