Why We Care (a Love Letter to BillsMafia)

CoachWiley

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Hang in there bud. I've watched the drop by Ronnie Harmon in the AFCCG in Cleveland. I was 18 years old when I watched wide right, it crushed me. Then came the Titans and their forward lateral.

Last night stung a bit, but it feels very much different than the rest of those and here's why. At the beginning of the year if people were asked which young player would you take to start a team, it was Mahomes and by a mile at that. 

But this year's playoffs have changed that narrative some. Now there would be just as many or at least close to as many people that would take Allen over Mahomes. Mahomes had all the advantages, playing at home, better coaching, better playmakers & the absence of our injured Pro Bowl CB Tre White. Yet even with all those advantages it took everything he had and then some to beat Allen in OT. If they swapped teams I think Allen would've won by double digits.

Another narrative put to bed is that some games are just too big for Josh. In the playoffs this year, against our past nemesis and current one Josh led the offense to 12 TDs on 16 Drives. That excludes the kneel down at the end of the pats*** game. That's scoring a TD on 75% of all drives against 2 good defenses. We averaged 41.5 points a game.

The future is bright my Bills friend. There's no doubt in my mind that Josh will use this as motivation this offseason and come back better than ever.  Also there's no doubt we have the best QB in the league, the ultimate weapon. The guy who will be wrecking defensive gameplans for the next 12-15 years.

Thx brother! I know a million people would try to talk their way around the bolded, but theyre talking out their A, and probably didnt watch that game.

Hands down im taking josh 100 out of 100 xs. Home field, Reid, and Tyreek are all major upgrades from our situation last night. I really had it out for Kadarius Toney last draft, get josh his own Ferrari.

That said, Mcd showed improvement in my eyes this year, even if it wasnt as much as id hoped for. Gabe showed me he wants that #2 spot more than anyone else. We get White back next year. Im excited for our future!

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Thx brother! I know a million people would try to talk their way around the bolded, but theyre talking out their A, and probably didnt watch that game.

Hands down im taking josh 100 out of 100 xs. Home field, Reid, and Tyreek are all major upgrades from our situation last night. I really had it out for Kadarius Toney last draft, get josh his own Ferrari.

That said, Mcd showed improvement in my eyes this year, even if it wasnt as much as id hoped for. Gabe showed me he wants that #2 spot more than anyone else. We get White back next year. Im excited for our future!

McD definitely showed improvement especially over the last month and half in being far more aggressive on 4th downs, but he has a long ways to go with in game decisions like whether or not to squib kick it with 13 seconds to go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.