First round bye - overrated?

Dan Darragh

On 1/23/2022 at 8:22 AM, buffblue said:

Not enough evidence to suggest this yet. Historically #1 seeds have a much stronger probability of reaching the Super Bowl. I would take the bye every single time

Exactly. Give me an extra week to rest up any dinged players. And obviously home field advantage which we could've used last week. No more bogus losses to teams like Jacksonville & Pittsburgh. 

7 hours ago, harryS said:

I don't but I suspect Bills fans will rally around it.  "This time we get them at home" will be next season's version of "Our defense is built to beat the Chiefs" (lol)  Then we'll get them at home and lose worse.  It happened to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers who also rallied around getting homefield advantage changing their playoff fortunes and then have lost at home two seasons in a row now.

to be clear, we had them beat on the road before 13 seconds of mental ######ation.

so basically the quality of the team matters, not homefield?  you undermine your own argument

No home field mattered! The problem was they had flaws that couldn’t be hidden y HOme Field. Rogers has always choked in the playoffs. Tannahill couldn’t really lean on Henry as he usually does because it was his first game back. Henry is completely healthy they beat Concy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.