I can't lose.....

Zerovoltz

22 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I lived in Cincinnati for a few years in the '70s and became a big Reds fan.  But I could never stomach the Bengals because there is no such thing as a 2nd NFL team!

If we destroy the Chiefs on Sunday you need to come clean and convert

Eh, my world agrees with you, but it just depends on how hardcore of a fan that you are.  In football, I don’t have a second team.  Everyone is the enemy but I enjoy watching GB and SF play. Don’t care if they win or lose though.  

In the NBA, since there is no team in Buffalo and I grew up hating Patrick Ewing at Georgetown because I was a UNC fan.  I couldn’t be a Knicks fan due to Ewing, so I rooted for the lakers pretty hardcore up until James worthy (my favorite player retired). He retired in 94, but they still had my 2nd favorite player from UNC, George Lynch, so I stuck with them.. Then kobe came around a couple years later and I was sucked into the lakers for another 20 years.  

then Harrison Barnes was drafted by the warriors.  He was my “new favorite player” as I watched him play from his sophomore year in HS.  His rookie year, I was a lakers fan and a warriors fan.  Until the fated day where Barnes was guarding Kobe in staples and Kobe slipped and tore his Achilles.   The lakers season was over and I went all

in on the warriors.  It was a great run until he left and went to Dallas.  I became a mavs fan, leaving the warriors with KD in rearview.  A couple years later they draft Luka.  After watching almost all of the mavs games, Luka became my favorite playe.  Then Barnes was traded to the kings.  So I rooted for the mavs and the Kings and that’s where I currently stand.  Waiting for another UNC player to steal my heart….but there are none in the factory.  Joel Berry was that guy but he was limited and is now retired and working for the ACCN.  

If there was an NBA team in Buffalo, I would’ve had a decidedly different rooting history.  Just like millions of NFL fan don’t have a team in their city or vicinity.  Many fans root for their favorite players.  Many fans have multiple favorite players and root for both teams.  If Wyoming had another star player, other than 17, the Wyoming fan base might be rooting for 2 teams instead of mostly all becoming bills fans.  

My point:  not everyone roots for the game in the same way you do. Not everyone has a hometown team or a tie to their favorite team that would prevent them from having a 2nd team.  Not everyone is hardcore. 

Zero seems hardcore.  He made the account here so he can troll us about Mahomes.  Any talk of him having a 2nd team is BS, hence why, imo, he can lose and this thread is nonsense.  

• Disagree 1

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I think we are very irritated with it being in Arrowhead again due to the Bills lackluster play in some games they clearly should have won.  Going to be a great game, but would have much rather preferred it to be here.

Either that, or KC might/should have lost vs. Green Bay if they had had Rodgers. As it was, KC barely won facing Love at QB.

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.