The Shield - My weekly pimping of the best show

Great, Great show last night. Only two problems are that it's only an hour long and that next week is the season finale.

If I were writing the show, the Captain would murder Aceveda. Her fate is sealed as she capped him in front of a whole bunch of people and she goes to jail instead of Antoine. Meanwhile, Vic & the Boys would take care of Antoine before he could get out of town and of course, they get away with it.

"Rescue Me" starts the following week same night & time as "The Shield".

I hate to ruin it for anyone but Monica (Glenn Close) will be leaving in some shape or form next week because she will not be on the show for season 5 because she wants to be at home with her daughter since shes a senior in HS. She said she might come back later or make guest appearances though.

That was a great scene when she got pissed off at the end. I wish she wasnt leaving.

I think my favorite moment of this season so far was when the Strike Team left the building after Army was whining.

Vic said something along the lines of "I've missed eight months of kicking ass with you guys." Lem had the biggest sh-- eating grin on his face.

Priceless.

I hate to ruin it for anyone but Monica (Glenn Close) will be leaving in some shape or form next week because she will not be on the show for season 5 because she wants to be at home with her daughter since shes a senior in HS. She said she might come back later or make guest appearances though.

353819[/snapback]

***SPOILER ALERT***

You're right, Glen Close is leaving. According to the Associated Press:

THE SHIELD" - SEASON FINALE

WASHINGTON (AP) _ Tonight's season finale of "The Shield" is

also the last episode for Glenn Close. She only signed up for one

season. Michael Pena says he'll miss being bossed around by Close.

He says he learned a lot working with "an icon." Pena says like

anyone who's at the top of their game, Close made it look easy. He

says what Michael Jordan did with a jumpshot, Close did with

dialogue.

not sure what i was expecting.....but that finale was a major disappointment.

a few things to look forward to however:

Did Lem swap out the dope?

Who will replace Monica?

Will Aceveda be exposed for his hot on Juan?

Who will replace Monica?

358926[/snapback]

Lem did not swap the dope. The officer that Monica hired to spy on the Strike team replaced it when he was sleeping. It was part of the sting.

I have a feeling Dutch is going to replace Monica. Although he initially refused it, I think the face that Vic invited him to the bar may change his mind.

As far as Aceveda, we'll have to wait and see.

I too was a bit disapointed but I think the "narc" is going to be the storyline for most of next season.

not sure what i was expecting.....but that finale was a major disappointment.

Who will replace Monica?

358926[/snapback]

I thought it was incredible. The fight between Lem and those two guys was incredibly intense, as was the gunfight about 30 minutes later.

Season 4 was my favorite thus far. I'm glad they have season 5 on the way.

I thought it was incredible.  The fight between Lem and those two guys was incredibly intense, as was the gunfight about 30 minutes later.

Season 4 was my favorite thus far.  I'm glad they have season 5 on the way.

359816[/snapback]

I loved it when Monica arrested Antoine. The tension was thick and the acting was great by all involved.

I can't watch the show where  I am, but I buy the seasons on DVD.

SLOWEST "TO DVD" SHOW OUT THERE!!!

They release one a year...it sucks!

327869[/snapback]

Law & Order is still much slower, only 3 seasons out on DVD so far. :P

I thought it was incredible.  The fight between Lem and those two guys was incredibly intense, as was the gunfight about 30 minutes later.

Season 4 was my favorite thus far.  I'm glad they have season 5 on the way.

359816[/snapback]

that was the highlight of the show.

i liked last season a little better with the whole "money train" story line, but this season was pretty awesome.

I thought it was a great ending to the season, though it'd have been better if they'd extended it another half an hour. Just enough of a cliff hanger to make you wonder where they're going next season but not so ver the top ridiculous that the show has jumped the shark.

It's honestly one of the few shows that seems to have improved with age instead of peaking between the 2nd and 3rd season and then rapidly falling off the cliff to mediocrity. Very well done and I'm going to miss Glenn Close.