(ot)Comcast Sports net on Directv

Any folks here in Richmond with D* having problems with Comcast Sports Net?

Wanted to watch the Bullets game last night, and nothing there but a directv logo?

Little nervous that they are switching us to the new MASN, that will only have the Nats on this year, and the Nats and O's next year. I have been on the phone with D* now for over 30 minutes, and have yet to reach someone who knows what they are taliking about

I know this belongs in the other area, but how mnay Richmond guys are gonna make it over there today. Thx for the leniancy in advance

Wanted to watch the Bullets game last night, and nothing there but a directv logo?

Little nervous that they are switching us to the new MASN, that will only have the Nats on this year, and the Nats and O's next year. I have been on the phone with D* now for over 30 minutes, and have yet to reach someone who knows what they are  taliking about

I know this belongs in the other area, but how mnay Richmond guys are gonna make it over there today. Thx for the leniancy in advance

326712[/snapback]

If it is on the local channels, which it was they will not show it on Comcast.

What channel was it on?

326739[/snapback]

I don't live in Richmond, but we had it on the UPN station. Also they may block it from comcast if TNT, ESPN or another station is showing it. You may have to look around, unfortunately.

I don't live in Richmond, but we had it on the UPN station.  Also they may block it from comcast if TNT, ESPN or another station is showing it.  You may have to look around, unfortunately.

326750[/snapback]

Yeah, that's a lame rule that the local broadcasting companies have imposed. It's the same reason that NFL games being broadcast locally are blacked out on Sunday Ticket - local channels want your eyeballs to watch their advertising. It's silly and has caused some big problems. For example, a couple of years ago in the NHL playoffs (remember that league?), the Wild/Ducks game 4 was supposed to be broadcast on ESPN. However, DirecTV was told that it'd be on a local channel as well (as had been the cast in the past), so it was blacked out on ESPN for the first period until they realized the local channel backed out. Everyone ni Minnesota missed the entire first period (and the only goal the Wild scored in the entire series :w00t: ; they did give people who complained a $50 credit though, which paid for 50% of the entire NHL Center Ice package).

Along the same lines, people with the Ticket have been screwed when a game being shown locally turns into a blowout and the network switches to a different game -- meaning you can't get it locally OR on the Ticket (unless they're quick enough to switch it back to the Ticket channels, but that doesn't happen frequently).

Stupid greedy networks :w00t:

CW

i watched it on comcast channel 24 in midlothian

Little nervous that they are switching us to the new MASN, that will only have the Nats on this year, and the Nats and O's next year. I have been on the phone with D* now for over 30 minutes, and have yet to reach someone who knows what they are  taliking about

326712[/snapback]

CSN and the Wiz-Bulls was on last night (CH 629) in NOVA.

MASN is on CH 626 and they broadcast the Nats-Dodgers game last night.

As you know, CSN has filed suit against MASN, saying CSN should have had a chance to bid for the O's package. (The O's package w/CSN runs out AFTER the 2006 season)

So, in typical cable fashion, Comcast has not picked up MASN...claiming thay got hosed by Angelos...DirecTV has, however, come to an agreement with MASN and is showing about 65 Nats games on 626, which if you live in the Washington area, comes with the basic programming package, like CSN. So, long story short, the DC-Baltimore area now gets two RSNs (don't know if Richmond was included).

MASN right now only shows the Nats, and will go to some sort of filler programming next year, in which DTV will carry the network 24/7.

CSN and the Wiz-Bulls was on last night (CH 629) in NOVA.

MASN is on CH 626 and they broadcast the Nats-Dodgers game last night.

As you know, CSN has filed suit against MASN, saying CSN should have had a chance to bid for the O's package.  (The O's package w/CSN runs out AFTER the 2006 season)

So, in typical cable fashion, Comcast has not picked up MASN...claiming thay got hosed by Angelos...DirecTV has, however, come to an agreement with MASN and is showing about 65 Nats games on 626, which if you live in the Washington area, comes with the basic programming package, like CSN.  So, long story short, the DC-Baltimore area now gets two RSNs (don't know if Richmond was included).

MASN right now only shows the Nats, and will go to some sort of filler programming next year, in which DTV will carry the network 24/7.

326821[/snapback]

D* just said in richmond we will get both networks as home networks. Pretty cool. Also, still cant figure out what happened to the game last night cause if it was blacked out, Comcast would have had to black out as well. OH well, at least the WED game is on TNT

From infringement?  What?

CW

326911[/snapback]

Fez, you will enjoyt this. While on the phone with the complete dolts that pass as CSRs at D* trying to figure out this CSN mess, I asked for the second time to please send me out a shipping label to send them back an HR-10 250. They insisted they had no record of me getting a replacement(bad hdmi after 10 months on the first). Me, being honest, said listen, you sent one out, i have not hooked it up yet, but I do have it. I stressed however I was not willing to pay for the shipping, and did not want to have to call them back to get the shipping credited. Guy on the phone gets nasty, says they did NOT send me a replacement unit, and they will NOT send me a shipping label.

YOO HOO, a perfectly fine HD TIVO(except for the HDMI) for free. I am in the process of building a covered porch and putting a small HD LCD back there, now I do not have to buy a reciever.

God has there service gotten bad

327098[/snapback]

Getting a free $1,000 receiver is bad...? <_<:D

I was going to offer to take it off of your hands, but if you've already found a use.... :(

:)

CW

Getting a free $1,000 receiver is bad...?  <_<  :D

I was going to offer to take it off of your hands, but if you've already found a use.... :(

:)

CW

327110[/snapback]

Not using for the summer. But I will say this. I can see a marked differ

ance between the componant and the DVI input on my Sammy DLP.

Fez, you will enjoyt this. While on the phone with the complete dolts that pass as CSRs at D* trying to figure out this CSN mess, I asked for the second time to please send me out a shipping label to send them back an HR-10 250. They insisted they had no record of me getting a replacement(bad hdmi after 10 months on the first). Me, being honest, said listen, you sent one out, i have not hooked it up yet, but I do have it. I stressed however I was not willing to pay for the shipping, and did not want to have to call them back to get the shipping credited. Guy on the phone gets nasty, says they did NOT send me a replacement unit, and they will NOT send me a shipping label.

YOO HOO, a perfectly fine HD TIVO(except for the HDMI) for free. I am in the process of building a covered porch and putting a small HD LCD back there, now I do not have to buy a reciever.

327098[/snapback]

I have had it here in Richmond for about four months and have had nothing but problems. First they hooked up my service with the Premium package instead of the basic one I ordered. So I finally got through to them to fix it, they disconnected my free three months of HBO.

So I called back. Three days later when I finally got through (this is not an exaggeration) the idiot lady claimed they couldn't re-connect it, but would give me Starz for $5 a month for three months. I went nuts. I said, "sorry but I have to call your BS on this one, you're telling me you couldn't reconnect it if I ORDERED that package?". Long story short, they reconnected it for me. So all was good, right? WRONG!!!!

Next bill comes, it gives me a credit for HBO/ST package, and right under it charges me for it. The exact same price! So I called back and canceled it, I was tired of screwing around with it. In the end, I didn't get my free three months, but it was better then getting screwed later when I wanted it disconnected.

BTW, if you ever want to get rid of that TIVO, let me know, I live in Richmond, I can be there in 20 minutes. <_<

I have had it here in Richmond for about four months and have had nothing but problems. First they hooked up my service with the Premium package instead of the basic one I ordered. So I finally got through to them to fix it, they disconnected my free three months of HBO.

So I called back. Three days later when I finally got through (this is not an exaggeration) the idiot lady claimed they couldn't re-connect it, but would give me Starz for $5 a month for three months. I went nuts. I said, "sorry but I have to call your BS on this one, you're telling me you couldn't reconnect it if I ORDERED that package?". Long story short, they reconnected it for me. So all was good, right? WRONG!!!!

Next bill comes, it gives me a credit for HBO/ST package, and right under it charges me for it. The exact same price! So I called back and canceled it, I was tired of screwing around with it. In the end, I didn't get my free three months, but it was better then getting screwed later when I wanted it disconnected.

BTW, if you ever want to get rid of that TIVO, let me know, I live in Richmond, I can be there in 20 minutes. <_<

327226[/snapback]

Did you know you could've set your packages on the website? You can change your programming levels easily and they go into effect immediately. Not sure if it still happens, but some people would buy HBO for a night at a time to watch Sopranos or something by ordering HBO, watching the show, then cancelling, and repeating the next week. They were prorating the cost per day.

CW