Season tickets in Buffalo...

udonkey

This has probably been discussed in the past, but I evidently missed it.

Anyone care to speculate why there are so many freed up seats at RWS? I realize that most games end up being sold out, but why are there so many seats available?

I know that WNY is a small market, but what about Green Bay?

I'm not trying to be pessimistic (or even judgemental - I've never lived in Buffalo, so I don't necessarily understand the economic make up), I'm just curious as a first time (and hopefully longtime) season ticket holder.

Yeah I know it is somewhat dissapointing that they have only around 40,000 season tickets holders. I'd like to see thta number closer to aorund 60,000. Even teams like Carolina and Tampa have waiting lists.

This tickets I bought 3 years ago as season tickets min section 117 are still not even sold out. Meaning I could still get tickets in that exact section. Plus more season tickets would mean less opposing fans in our stadium.

This has probably been discussed in the past, but I evidently missed it.

Anyone care to speculate why there are so many freed up seats at RWS?  I realize that most games end up being sold out, but why are there so many seats available?

I know that WNY is a small market, but what about Green Bay? 

I'm not trying to be pessimistic (or even judgemental - I've never lived in Buffalo, so I don't necessarily understand the economic make up), I'm just curious as a first time (and hopefully longtime) season ticket holder.

320509[/snapback]

The Bills have never had a particularly big seasons tix base, even during the Super Bowl years. The all-time high was 57,132 in 1992.

Due to the relatively modest income levels in WNY, many fans appear to be driven by a "show me" approach to ticket sales. That's why Ralph has always maintained that "winning is the best marketing."

When the team is competitive/exciting, the walk-up traffic is substantial and usually results in a sell out / lifting of the local TV blackout.

I'm talking about now...

Try getting a season tickets in Lambeau, Foxboro, etc...you'll be on a waiting list.  Anyone can call up the Bills ticket office and scoop them up.

320517[/snapback]

I think it is almost a chiken/egg thing. Season ticket numbers have always been low, so why buy seasons when you can get individual games so easily,so people say why commit, which in turn leads to lower season tickets counts, which makes getting tickets even easier

Always said that was the mistake of Rich. Too many seats for the market right from the get go.Even Rich had been built to seat 60,000, my contention is you would have 60,000 season tickets sold.

I know I gave mine up a few years back for this very reason. Why go through the headache of selling mine when I know I can get damn fine seats day of the game for a reasonable price outside.

Although, I must say, I very rarely go to a game with seats anymore, prefer to scalp and look for the good seats

I'm glad someone brought this up - I've been thinking - we have six years left on the lease - Anything can happen at any time with the buy out clause.

Although there seems to be a general consensus that the Bills have a bright future in Western NY/Souther Ontario - I think FANS seriously need to step up to the plate. The fact that there are so many available seats / 40,000 season ticket holders - does send a message. Folks in LA will be more than willing to guarantee a waiting list of Season Ticket holders.

I know we have the blue coats - but somehow - as fans - we need to devise a plan to assist with season ticket sales.

We can't expect existing clients to buy 1 or 2 additional seats - but we could ask existing clients to recruit friends and family to purhase season tickets. We could ask the BILLS to set up some type of Incentive program for existing ticket holders. Trust me - I've worked at other membership based organizations - and you can easily double the size of an existing member base by simply offering a unique benefit.

WE must become a bit more proactive in recruiting season tickets or this will bite us in the ASS big time.

What are your thoughts? Do you feel guilty or have a self imposed responsibility or desire to help keep the Bills here? Would you be willing to get involved?

I'm glad someone brought this up - I've been thinking - we have six years left on the lease - Anything can happen at any time with the buy out clause.

Although there seems to be a general consensus that the Bills have a bright future in Western NY/Souther Ontario - I think FANS seriously need to step up to the plate. The fact that there are so many available seats / 40,000 season ticket holders - does send a message.  Folks in LA will be more than willing to guarantee a waiting list of Season Ticket holders.

I know we have the blue coats - but somehow - as fans - we need to devise a plan to assist with season ticket sales.

We can't expect existing clients to buy 1 or 2 additional seats - but we could ask existing clients to recruit friends and family to purhase season tickets.  We could ask the BILLS to set up some type of Incentive program for existing ticket holders.  Trust me - I've worked at other membership based organizations - and you can easily double the size of an existing member base by simply offering a unique benefit.

WE must become a bit more proactive in selling out season tickets or this will bite us in the ASS big time. 

What are your thoughts?  Do you feel guilty or have a self imposed responsibility or desire to help keep the Bills here? Would you be willing to get involved?

321026[/snapback]

Check your stats - LA drew flies when the Rams were there ... it's not about fan base, it's about TV ratings...

Check your stats - LA drew flies when the Rams were there ... it's not about fan base, it's about TV ratings...

321037[/snapback]

My point is - as fans - we don't have much say - but we do have the opportunity to make a statement about our commitment to the Buffalo Bills. We don't need to provide them with a built in excuse - "they can't even sell out their stadium with seaseon ticket holders." If they go to LA - which I doubt will ever happen - the NFL and new owners (IF not local) will win the PR battle based on that fact alone.

Let's not enable their departure by providing them any reason to leave...

Regarding a regional team - I think the Bills should play their pre-season games in Toronto and Rochester. It would have a tremendous impact. However, I believe Ralph Wilson should have a franchise right over Toronto.

Keep the Bills in Buffalo. Period.