Blues Clues Pride Parade

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ah, the kind and benevolent government where no one is victimizing someone else. 

I wasn't really asking about why this stain on your history occurred.  I know the answer to that already---apathy, greed, cruelty, victimization, indifference, and secrecy.  Those in whole or in part seem to be the common denominator across cultures and humanity.  As for the investigation, whomever writes that chapter puts the stamp on it.  Tragic however it plays out, but unfortunately not unique. 

I was speaking about modern day victimization. Given the sins of our collective past, I'd think there would be more interest into the myriad of scandals in schools across the country today.  While each action involves an individual teacher, collectively it seems as systemic and certainly some folks are leaking through who are predators. 

In general citizens see this school issue as ancient history, like apologizing for internment of Japanese and Italian people at the outbreak of WW2. Canadian government has been going through a serious of mea culpas for years, which to many is meaningless when it includes money paid to someone? All of this has made many numb.