Texans release Aaron Glenn

marck

I just heard on ESPN SportsCenter that the Houston Texans have released Aaron Glenn.

Normally I am very much against all the "sign who ever has been released" type of threads, but in this case I feel that a one year free agent contract could benefit the Bills.

First of all he can be used as a quality cover corner for the three receiver sets the Bills will see. He has always had man-up cover skills and would be better then Kevin Thomas and would be a great insurance policy against injury.

Lastly, we do play the Texans the first game of the year and anything he might be able to add about their playbook and tendencies.

As always, looking for quality football related feedback.

Lastly, we do play the Texans the first game of the year and anything he might be able to add about their playbook and tendencies.

319722[/snapback]

Remember when Milloy got released by the Pats and we had to play them first week of the season? Milloy was able to get a sack that game and his presence really motivated our team in that victory. Glenn could be that guy to help get this team off the ground with a win in the first game of the season. Remember, he also used to play for the Jets.

I also don't think we will sign him.

I just heard on ESPN SportsCenter that the Houston Texans have released Aaron Glenn.

Normally I am very much against all the "sign who ever has been released" type of threads, but in this case I feel that a one year free agent contract could benefit the Bills.

First of all he can be used as a quality cover corner for the three receiver sets the Bills will see.  He has always had man-up cover skills and would be better then Kevin Thomas and would be a great insurance policy against injury.

As always, looking for quality football related feedback.

319722[/snapback]

Hes 32, being cut by a losing team.

From what I read, going to the Cowboys and Parcells. Would rather have McGee and Thomas getting the playing time than him

From what I read, going to the Cowboys and Parcells. Would rather have McGee and Thomas getting the playing time than him

319765[/snapback]

Ditto. Well put. Also, if actually have enough cap room to sign someone like Glenn, I'd rather see the Bills use that room use it for a real need -- like OT or DT.

Cowboys | Glenn Signs Two-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:04:13 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Dallas Cowboys have signed free agent CB Aaron Glenn (Texans) to a two-year deal. Financial terms were not immediately available.

319765[/snapback]

Nothing against Thomas or McGee, but neither will ever be as good a cover guy as Glenn. They are quality nickel-backs, but will be a weakness if they are starting corners. I fear, with the loss of Pat Williams, whoever plays the corner position opposite of Clements is going to get tested often...hopefully they are up to the task. I actually like Thomas better in that spot...if I had to choose between the two...

Nothing against Thomas or McGee, but neither will ever be as good a cover guy as Glenn.  They are quality nickel-backs, but will be a weakness if they are starting corners. I fear, with the loss of Pat Williams, whoever plays the corner position opposite of Clements is going to get tested often...hopefully they are up to the task.  I actually like Thomas better in that spot...if I had to choose between the two...

321437[/snapback]

Why does Fat Pat taking off mean more our corners will see more passes?

If anything Pat's depatrure means teams will try running more on us. Besides, he didn't play many a lot of passing downs.

Why does Fat Pat taking off mean more our corners will see more passes?

If anything Pat's depatrure means teams will try running more on us. Besides, he didn't play many a lot of passing downs.

321443[/snapback]

For the first time in years, our defensive line got pressure on opposing QB's last year. I seem to recall Williams and Adams busting up the middle on a number of occasions last season, forcing quick or errant passes. Without that kind of pressure, adequate defensive backs can be made to look worse than they are...hopefully Anderson picks up some slack, or Jerry Gray devises some scheme that results in more pressure from our linebackers.