Who contributes sooner, Parrish or a O-lineman?

I'll admit at first I was disappointed with our first selection, but after hearing TD and MM's reasoning, I feel much better. Last year was Mularkey and McNally's first year with the organization. Was anyone disappointed with either of these two coaches' influences? Mularkey stood his ground early in the season against, of all people, Ralph Wilson. Soon after that we saw the team steadily improve. McNally inherited his offensive linemen. I don't believe that he was completely thrilled with what he saw. Once again as the season progressed, so did his line. Now with a full year under each of their belt we see what was drafted, a playmaker, a much needed recieving TE with a great upside, mid to lower rd O-linemen (which McNally stated openly that this is what he prefers so he can mold them in his own way) and a CB/possible ST'er which appears to be a need going into the draft.

So, this leads me to one question. How well do these outsiders really know our team, personnel and needs? My guess would be not too well.

To hear ANYONE criticize the OL picks is a complete joke to me. I read on BB.com that McNally was "very happy" with the draft, meaning he got who he wanted on the O-line (I'm guessing with the exception of landing Barnes). He's now got a TON of bodies with which to work and has invested a year in a good number of them.

As for Everett, loved the pick. Parrish could be a player if he can stay healthy and not get his head taken-off. I don't really have a comment on the CB or RB. And I like the Ezekiel pickup and Gause seems like a player. Hopefully they have a few more UDFA's to sign.

What is this in reference to?

318898[/snapback]

I think it's a reference to Ralph questioning the smash mouth football that Mularkey advertised at his arrival, which initially appeared to not be working with the 0-4 start.

I'll admit at first I was disappointed with our first selection, but after hearing TD and MM's reasoning, I feel much better. Last year was Mularkey and McNally's first year with the organization. Was anyone disappointed with either of these two coaches' influences? Mularkey stood his ground early in the season against, of all people, Ralph Wilson. Soon after that we saw the team steadily improve. McNally inherited his offensive linemen. I don't believe that he was completely thrilled with what he saw. Once again as the season progressed, so did his line. Now with a full year under each of their belt we see what was drafted, a playmaker, a much needed recieving TE with a great upside, mid to lower rd O-linemen (which McNally stated openly that this is what he prefers so he can mold them in his own way) and a CB/possible ST'er which appears to be a need going into the draft.

So, this leads me to one question. How well do these outsiders really know our team, personnel and needs? My guess would be not too well.

318823[/snapback]

clearly Parrish will contribute immediately as a punt returner.

If a WR averages 8 touches for about 100 yards per game, he probably goes to the Pro Bowl. You can expect that from Parrish as a punt returner if the D does its job. He also brings the threat of busting a big play at any time.

Parrish is the real deal as a punt returner. go find video from the UM / Virginia Tech game of last year.