Another pundit slams Bills draft

Lothar

yahoo afc draft rating

He gave 2 C's in the AFC - one to the atrocious picks Denver made, the other to us. It's interesting how he gives some teams a lot of slack (i.e Dolphin picks a late round CB to replace pro bowler Surtain was smart) but doesn't feel we addressed O-line properly.

Bottom line is that McNally knows the kind of linemen he can mold into his type of players. Reading about "The Duke', it seems as though there were a lot of teams interested - he probably performed much better at his individual workout than at the Combine + he gave up 1 sack total the last 2 years - I'm guessing they saw better production/potential out of him than some of the bigger name centers still available.

I know there are several on this board who think OL is a major liability on this team - we've only drafted 2 as 1st ounders in 10 years, etc - but I don't think it's that bad. Just remember our last 2 starting QBs were RJ and Drew - they'll make anyone look bad. I still go to how the very same New England OL that many called a sieve while Drew was there evolved into a great OL with a bunch of mid and late round picks. QBs, coaches and gameplans make or break the line. I just believe that McNally and Mularkey are the right coaches. Here's to hoping our faith in JP isn't unwarranted.

yahoo afc draft rating

He gave 2 C's in the AFC - one to the atrocious picks Denver made, the other to us.  It's interesting how he gives some teams a lot of slack (i.e Dolphin picks a late round CB to replace pro bowler Surtain was smart) but doesn't feel we addressed O-line properly.

Bottom line is that McNally knows the kind of linemen he can mold into his type of players.  Reading about "The Duke', it seems as though there were a lot of teams interested - he probably performed much better at his individual workout than at the Combine + he gave up 1 sack total the last 2 years - I'm guessing they saw better production/potential out of him than some of the bigger name centers still available.

I know there are several on this board who think OL is a major liability on this team - we've only drafted 2 as 1st ounders in 10 years, etc - but I don't think it's that bad.  Just remember our last 2 starting QBs were RJ and Drew - they'll make anyone look bad.  I still go to how the very same New England OL that many called a sieve while Drew was there evolved into a great OL with a bunch of mid and late round picks.  QBs, coaches and gameplans make or break the line.  I just believe that McNally and Mularkey are the right coaches.  Here's to hoping our faith in JP isn't unwarranted.

318466[/snapback]

Brady makes a LOT of those offensive linemen have better stats and look much better than they are by his ability to make good quick decisions, throw quickly and most importantly sidestep the rushers that have gotten through them.

Brady makes a LOT of those offensive linemen have better stats and look much better than they are by his ability to make good quick decisions, throw quickly and most importantly sidestep the rushers that have gotten through them.

318480[/snapback]

Very true, Kelly - that and the quick screen passes they design slow down the pass rush schemes of many blitz happy defenses like ours. Once they - and the running of Dillon - create doubt in the defense, it sure seems like Brady gets all day to throw.

318480[/snapback]

Yeah, Jaws actually did a segment on Brady's mobility during the draft. Hodge, as usual, didn't see it <_<

This guy is a real wanker with his analysis. "Stupefying" for not getting the UW kid or Terry from Syracuse?!? Gee, maybe these two guys weren't as high on the Bills board as others. Heaven forbid the Bills stick to their board. Look where that gets Baltimore...

yahoo afc draft rating

He gave 2 C's in the AFC - one to the atrocious picks Denver made, the other to us.  It's interesting how he gives some teams a lot of slack (i.e Dolphin picks a late round CB to replace pro bowler Surtain was smart) but doesn't feel we addressed O-line properly.

Bottom line is that McNally knows the kind of linemen he can mold into his type of players.  Reading about "The Duke', it seems as though there were a lot of teams interested - he probably performed much better at his individual workout than at the Combine + he gave up 1 sack total the last 2 years - I'm guessing they saw better production/potential out of him than some of the bigger name centers still available.

I know there are several on this board who think OL is a major liability on this team - we've only drafted 2 as 1st ounders in 10 years, etc - but I don't think it's that bad.  Just remember our last 2 starting QBs were RJ and Drew - they'll make anyone look bad.  I still go to how the very same New England OL that many called a sieve while Drew was there evolved into a great OL with a bunch of mid and late round picks.  QBs, coaches and gameplans make or break the line.  I just believe that McNally and Mularkey are the right coaches.  Here's to hoping our faith in JP isn't unwarranted.

318466[/snapback]

Two questions:

1.) What grade (if this guy was even around) did this guy give us in 2003 after picking Willis M. ?

2.) Who the f*ck is Charles Robinson?

Jeff

Hodge needs to stop using Dion's tailor. Just looking at his suits made my stomach churn.

318533[/snapback]

You ain't kidding. Buy a real fuggin suit Merill! It's bad enough we have to listen to your inane drivel, but you could at least look like a professional.

I disagree with that. Granted he does make quick decisions, I have seen numerous instances where the line just held its own, giving Brady ages to scan the field and pick defenses apart. Matt Light and Dan Koppen were solid mid-round draft picks by the Pats.

318480[/snapback]

I disagree with that.  Granted he does make quick decisions, I have seen numerous instances where the line just held its own, giving Brady ages to scan the field and pick defenses apart.  Matt Light and Dan Koppen were solid mid-round draft picks by the Pats.

318609[/snapback]

I don't disagree with that. I think both of those guys are pretty darn good players and the Pats drafted well. What I am saying, however, is that if Brady was on the Bills, guys like Ross Tucker and Teague and Villarial and Mike Williams would look like much better pass protectors because the sacks would be way down and because when their guys did get through them Brady would step up or step around or get the ball off quick enough to make a 7 yard gain instead of a 7 yard loss.

Now, when Mike Pucillo was in there, that was a different story.

I don't disagree with that. I think both of those guys are pretty darn good players and the Pats drafted well. What I am saying, however, is that if Brady was on the Bills, guys like Ross Tucker and Teague and Villarial and Mike Williams would look like much better pass protectors because the sacks would be way down and because when their guys did get through them Brady would step up or step around or get the ball off quick enough to make a 7 yard gain instead of a 7 yard loss.

Now, when Mike Pucillo was in there, that was a different story.

318624[/snapback]

Yeah kinda like a former No.7 made our line at the time look better than it was, but then again maybe it was a former No.11 who made them look worse...

Who knows, but the one constant in all of this mess is that Pucillo sucked!

grades are so ridiculous a day after the draft.

i've seen grades that gave us a B and NE a C. so they mean.....................NOTHING.

What I am really surprised about is Dallas getting their d***'s sucked over their draft. I mean, they drfated 4 DE's......two in the 1st round!!!! didn't they have the #1 D a couple years ago???

they didn't draft one WR. and they have Drew Bledsoe depending on Quincy, Meshawn, and She. give me a break.