FSU's QB Chris Rix Undrafted

A lot of Noles were drafted over the weekend including Alex Barron. But 4 year starting QB Chris Rix did not get the call. Last week I predicted this would happen and I was told here I was wrong. Me so stupid.

Perhaps if Rix were willing to change position to say for instance Holder on Field Goals he would have been picked. I think the OK QB went undrafted as well. NE even selected a QB in the 7th round that had a career total of 20 yards. But not Rix.

I think it's great the Bills took two top Canes in the draft. The Canes produce players that are NFL ready. All-in-all it was a fun draft and I'm so GLAD football season in now right around the corner.

Rix has the tools but not the brains to be an NFL QB. Like Ken Dorsey, Brock Berlin was a product of having NFL talent all around him. Neither one has the arm to play on Sundays. We'll have to see what happens with Chris Leak. As for the draft, i still think Kyle Orton was the best QB out there. He started off the season as a heisman candidate and really fell off. I think with the right QB coach, this kid good be a great NFL QB.

Exactly.  As a Noles fan, I am glad to see this moron gone and that Bobby can no longer try to put him back into the lineup!!!!

317764[/snapback]

exactly...livin down here in noleville, we couldnt be happier that rix didnt get drafted...the guy has all of the physical talent in the world, but his head isnt in it...also hes got a major attitude problem...i wonder if this has humbled him at all...

I'm glad that hes never coming back to start another game at QB for our beloved 'noles...

exactly...livin down here in noleville, we couldnt be happier that rix didnt get drafted...the guy has all of the physical talent in the world, but his head isnt in it...also hes got a major attitude problem...i wonder if this has humbled him at all...

I'm glad that hes never coming back to start another game at QB for our beloved 'noles...

317769[/snapback]

I still don't know why Coach Bobby stuck by Rix so hard, but it doesn't matter now. It's a new day in Tallahassee. I can't wait for the season to start.

I still don't know why Coach Bobby stuck by Rix so hard, but it doesn't matter  now.  It's a new day in Tallahassee.  I can't wait for the season to start.

317818[/snapback]

Go figure. The only reason I could think of is that it was similar to our situation with RJ. Loved the physical ability and kept hoping the mental aspect would somehow click one day.

No all we have to deal with is Jeff Bowden as the coordinator...

Go figure.  The only reason I could think of is that it was similar to our situation with RJ.  Loved the physical ability and kept hoping the mental aspect would somehow click one day.

No all we have to deal with is Jeff Bowden as the coordinator...

317826[/snapback]

Good point...rix was half the problems with our offense...the other half was jeff bowden...

so who starts this season...wyatt, weatherford, or lee?

and its good to see baeitia go as well...

Good point...rix was half the problems with our offense...the other half was jeff bowden...

so who starts this season...wyatt, weatherford, or lee?

and its good to see baeitia go as well...

317830[/snapback]

Yeah, the only solace I can take with the offensive staff was that none of them got raises last year due to the onfield performance. If they don't improve this year, I think Bobby is going to have a hard time trying to keep Jeff in the OC position.

Good question. Wyatt's probably the smartest of the bunch, but I think the others probably have the edge in terms of athletic ability. That being said, I still like what I saw in Wyatt. But then again I was comparing him against Rix... So it's a crapshoot at this point. August will give us a better picture.

Rix has the tools but not the brains to be an NFL QB.  Like Ken Dorsey, Brock Berlin was a product of having NFL talent all around him.  Neither one has the arm to play on Sundays.  We'll have to see what happens with Chris Leak.  As for the draft, i still think Kyle Orton was the best QB out there.  He started off the season as a heisman candidate and really fell off.  I think with the right QB coach, this kid good be a great NFL QB.

317761[/snapback]

I can't give any reason, but I think Dorsey will stay in the league for a few years.

A lot of Noles were drafted over the weekend including Alex Barron.  But 4 year starting QB Chris Rix did not get the call.  Last week I predicted this would happen and I was told here I was wrong.  Me so stupid.

Perhaps if Rix were willing to change position to say for instance Holder on Field Goals he would have been picked.  I think the OK QB went undrafted as well.  NE even selected a QB in the 7th round that had a career total of 20 yards.  But not Rix.

I think it's great the Bills took two top Canes in the draft.  The Canes produce players that are NFL ready.  All-in-all it was a fun draft and I'm so GLAD football season in now right around the corner.

317748[/snapback]

Who said u were stupid for predicting Rix wouldn't be drafted?? He's terrible and has been throughout his four-year career with the Noles. His lack of development is one reason the team has not competed for a national title lately.

Who said u were stupid for predicting Rix wouldn't be drafted?? He's terrible and has been throughout his four-year career with the Noles. His lack of development is one reason the team has not competed for a national title lately.

317850[/snapback]

No one said I was stupid. I said I was stupid. The poster said I would be proved wrong because Rix would get drafted. The fact 14 QBs were drafted and he wasn't increases my confidence in NFL scouts.

317769[/snapback]

My sister is a TA down at FSU and she tutored quite a few athletes including Rix, she said Rix was dumber than a brick and would only show up half the time. She had no problem with any of the others.