The Super Bowl is a Measuring Stick

6 hours ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

I want the Chiefs to demolish the Bucs and it is not even because I hate Tom Brady.  

I am as frustrated with the last game and with the coaching as anyone, but this Super Bowl is still a measuring stick for the Bills even though the Bills are not playing.  I get that match ups are a big part of these games and we might not match up well against the Chiefs and maybe we had a bad game.  However, if the Bucs win dominantly over the Chiefs, it will still say something about the Bills.  If the Chiefs crush the Bucs, OTOH, I think I will feel like the Chiefs are just a juggernaut and it was just their year.  I think it will take just a tiny bit of the sting out of our loss.

What I mean to say is, I think I will be thinking about the Bills a lot during the SB.  Not just how they could have been in the game, but comparing schemes to the ones used in our game, evaluating the match ups to see what works and doesn't against the Chiefs, looking at the Chiefs dominance or lack there of, etc.  It has been a long time since I watched a SB with anything near that frame of mind.  I suppose that is just a little bit more evidence of how different this Bills team is.

It's still a match-up league.  If the Bucs crush KC it doesn't mean we couldn't beat the Bucs.  Some teams actually do match up with KC better than we do, but we may beat those teams head to head.

• Like (+1) 1