Even if These Are Bad Picks

I just listened to the audio of these guys and they both seemed to have a good attitude and seemed like friendly folks excited to be playing in the NFL. It doesn't seem like any of these players have done anything seriously wrong off the field and is it so bad that they are all friends with Willis? I thought good team chemistry was a good thing.

Bottom line: TD was the one who brought them in. These guys just wanted to get drafted as high as possible and play on a good team.

They are Buffalo Bills for at least the next few years, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps one doesn't talk so pretty and perhaps they aren't going to win Nobel prizes, but that doesn't diminish respect for them as people or football players.

I know this sounds like preaching or whatever, but I just feel like maybe I was a little too harsh on these selections and perhaps that led to some unfairly negative comments about them.

Don't hate the player, hate the draft...

I agree completely. I am not a big fan of Tom Donahoe's overall draft strategy today, but I like the players he has picked. Parrish is going to be a major weapon on special teams and should develop into an excellent third WR as well. The only negative with that pick is that at his size, he'll probably never be anything more than a 3rd WR. That's fine by me, though. Not many nickel corners are going to be able to cover him. I think he can contribute immediately in both respects.

The pick of Everett is the one that I really like. He's got all the talent to be an excellent recieving TE in the NFL. He just needs experience and that will come with time. If Campbell and Euhus have any setbacks in their recovery from injury, Everett might see considerable game time this year. At any rate, I think this is potentially a very, very good pick by Donahoe.

I don't think they are bad picks at all. From one standpoint I like the picks; it's being said that both could see playing time IMMEDIATELY.

I just think it's been drilled into the fans mindset that we need O and D-Line and need carbon-copies of the guys we lost in free agency. It's easier said than done.

I hope they put up the video for the Parrish press conference. Listening to Mularkey talk about the selection gave me the chills. He sounded very sad and disappointed that whatever player they were targeting never fell to them.

The audio link is still there, go check it out.

I hope they put up the video for the Parrish press conference.  Listening to Mularkey talk about the selection gave me the chills.  He sounded very sad and disappointed that whatever player they were targeting never fell to them.

The audio link is still there, go check it out.

315661[/snapback]

I find Mularkey always sounds like this. I thought he sounded like this in the press conference when JP was named the starter. I think some of it just might be that he is not comfortable talking to the media.