DOJ Investigating Bribery for Pardons Conspiracy

WideNine

I readily admit guilt regarding speculation with this news report, but where Teflon Don is concerned I expect him to act like a mob boss trading illegal "favors".

Did some digging and the redacted memo here:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/doj-pardon-investigation-court-filing/index.html

They mention a court motion for District of Columbia that appears to be this:

https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/In_re_Grand_Jury_Investigation_19-15_Memorandum_Opinion_ECF_No_45.pdf

This motion deals with a "target" that had violated FARA and in its fine print at the bottom of the documents it mentions the law firm in question as Skadden.

Manafort was a partner of Skadden:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-17/skadden-law-firm-to-pay-4-6-million-to-u-s-over-ukraine-work

Not sure if I connected the dots or not - but it was fun trying.

Edited by WideNine

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

He just made 170M off donors "legally," and has huge paychecks coming as he leaves office from more donors and other avenues. When OANN or News-whatever rebrand as Trump News Network, that'll make him a fortune.

He doesn't need the risk of pardon bribes. And again, getting Trump to pardon someone or do anything is easy. Start any sentence, "You know what will make liberals on Twitter crazy? If you did this: ______." And voila, done. 

Yet every huge criminal who gets caught already has tons of money... And they keep taking that risk for more.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, WideNine said:

If the evidence is solid it is hard to ignore, bury, or obfuscate like he did with the Mueller report without being found complicit in the crime itself.

Particularly when they clean house and put objective career law folks back on the DOJ payroll and in leadership roles.

Barr may start to distance himself from the Trump dumpster fire. He's not dumb, just an unethical POS.

I also think career law guys can smell a crook a mile away and Trump sets off every radar.

There are likely a lot of Jr and mid-level guys who would keep working cases even if they involve Trump. Kind of think Barr forced a kind of covert DOJ within the DOJ.

Just my guess seeing how there were guys resigning under protest all through his tenure there.

My experience in public service on the state level leads me to agree with you.  Career civil servants in junior and middle levels of government are the people who make government agencies work.  They owe their loyalty to the state (or to the United States in the case of federal employees) not to a particular governor or POTUS.   The political appointees in high up the political food chain are the individuals beholden to the current office holder and who do the current office holder's bidding.

I have absolutely no doubt that untermenschen in the FBI, DHS, DOD etc have knowledge/evidence of wrong doing that they've collected/assembled and passed on to their superiors via emails that have been buried in those superiors' archived emails.   My guess is that the fear of what might come to light under a Biden administration is what is behind the discussions about pardons for the Baby Trumps and Crazy Rudy.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Now, to clarify, this is only a scandal for Trump if the redacted person ends up being Flynn who he did pardon. It isnt the Presidents fault that someone donated a lot of money to his campaign, and then emailed his team saying they expected a pardon for that donation. And this DID happen. They DO have the emails.

The crime here, as it stands, is the attempt to make the bribe.

However, if the redacted party is Flynn, who WAS given a pardon, then this jumps to a whole new level.

My favorite part of this is that Joe Exotic, Tiger King, is also being investigated after allegedly spending $10,000 in Trump hotels thinking that would get him a pardon as well.

https://www.wusa9.com/video/entertainment/joe-exotic-tiger-king-netflix-president-trump-pardon-dc-trump-hotel/65-24c8b22f-f9f8-4c1c-94ce-9233867a7d94

I think that if Flynn was the person who attempted to make this bribe, that his pardon is likely voided, and Trump may also be criminally liable for participating for granting it.

12 minutes ago, SoTier said:

My experience in public service on the state level leads me to agree with you.  Career civil servants in junior and middle levels of government are the people who make government agencies work.  They owe their loyalty to the state (or to the United States in the case of federal employees) not to a particular governor or POTUS.   The political appointees in high up the political food chain are the individuals beholden to the current office holder and who do the current office holder's bidding.

I have absolutely no doubt that untermenschen in the FBI, DHS, DOD etc have knowledge/evidence of wrong doing that they've collected/assembled and passed on to their superiors via emails that have been buried in those superiors' archived emails.   My guess is that the fear of what might come to light under a Biden administration is what is behind the discussions about pardons for the Baby Trumps and Crazy Rudy.

I think that if Flynn was the person who attempted to make this bribe, that his pardon is likely voided, and Trump may also be criminally liable for participating for granting it.

See my post above where I followed the bread crumbs from the redacted Court records and they lead to motions that involve the Skadden law firm - if my follow the bread-crumbs is right we are looking at Manafort as the principle.