Bills with the 52nd ranked TV market still survives!

LB48

Thank You Terry & Kim.  Purchasing the team to keep it in Buffalo and spending money to make it a first class NFL organization is such a blessing to WNY.  The Bills as an asset on your balance sheet doesn't necessarily equate to big yearly profits.

Buffalo is the 52nd TV Market in the US.  The only NFL franchise below us is in Green Bay. 

51 Memphis 580,600 0.543
52 Buffalo 576,710 0.539
53 Ft. Myers-Naples 564,250 0.527
54 Richmond-Petersburg 555,630 0.519

Buffalo (all the 7 WNY counties and 2 in PA) have just 576,000 TV households.  Our percentage of 0.539 = 1/2 of one percent of the National TV viewing audience. 

The Bills getting PRIME TIME games is great!   I bet the Giants, Jets & Cowboys hate it.

Again, Thank You Pegula's and GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't feel like the Bills have any trouble drawing viewers despite being in a small market.

Outside of the Buffalo area the Bills are a low interest team.  No matter how well they play they don't get National interest.  That's why we pay more for Free Agents.

• Sad 1

Just now, PUNT750 said:

Outside of the Buffalo area the Bills are a low interest team.  No matter how well they play they don't get National interest.  That's why we pay more for Free Agents.

I have to agree about FA's.  We have to BUY them regardless of the coaching staff and the Management.  Nobody makes TV commercial money in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The Bills getting thr highest TV ratings in national games in many years last year tell you everything you need to know...Bills fans are everywhere.

aren't Giant, Patriots or Bears fans every where also.  If the Bills play the Bengals what would the national TV audience be??

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The Bills have drawn a large viewership in a number of games 

sometimes the Buffalo News just doesn’t look past their own region. 
n

I believe the OP used TV stats from Nielsen ratings.  The Buffalo News is a lost cause.  They just print LOCAL TV ratings for  Bills game which would obviously be higher.

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Last season 

TV executives should take notice: The Buffalo Bills equal a ratings boost. Following games against the Dallas Cowboys (Thanksgiving), Pittsburgh Steelers (Sunday Night Football on NBC) and New England Patriots (Saturday NFL Network game) that saw big ratings boosts for those respected time slots, the Bills did it again in their loss to the Houston Texans on Saturday in the Wild Card.

Those are poor examples.  All were NATIONAL games including the only NFL game on TV for the Houston play-off game.

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

You are WAAAY off. Bills dominate ratings when we get nationally televised games...we also have become a destination free agents seriously consider. Sounds like you are just spewing out some perception crap

REALLY?  Why do we have to over pay for free agents.  This comes up on the board regarding Mitch Morse, Trent Murphy etc.

Just now, MJS said:

Mitch Morse was the best available center. That's how free agency works. You overpay for talent. Everyone has to. You can find bargains too, but they have to be unknown or overlooked players.

Murphy was perceived as an up and coming pass rusher (most people were quite happy with the signing at the time). The fact that he hasn't been great is not a reflection on the Bills overpaying to draw interest. It's a reflection on Murphy not being as good as most people thought he could be.

The only head scratcher to me has been Star getting a larger contract than I thought anyone else would pay. But we see how our run defense has suffered without him...

why did Butler, Jefferson and Addison all get $6 mil when they were very average NFL players.??  Stop being blinded by the LIGHT - - we're just another NFL franchise.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo by itself is small. But the Bills are a regional franchise. There are millions more fans in nearby cities.

Tell me about them?  Where are the numbers?

40 minutes ago, StHustle said:

So you judge the national interest of the Bills based on games not show on national television?

IF you're the only NFL game on National TV you get tons of viewers.  Even the Giants vs. Eagles do. 

The original intent of the post was to THANK the Pegula's. They knew very well the limited National attention for the Bills.

Thanks again!

WHY has only 1 Buffalo Bill had a National TV syndicated commercial???  It's because of the Market Size and national interest in our Bills.  Even the QB from Cleveland had this privilege over the past 3 seasons.  Cleaning out the stadium in Cleveland was the plot.

WHY doesn't Josh get a national commercial?  BECAUSE - we are a dinky market and money rules!

• Simon locked this topic

If you want to post as LB48, that's fine.

If you want to post as PUNT750, that's fine too.

But stop using two different usernames to "agree" with yourself.

Between this foolishness, the multiple different warnings you've racked up from moderators and your insistence on repeatedly starting pointless threads for attention, you're already being shown to the nearest exit and are about to be helped right through it. You need to knock it off and you need to recognize that I will not ask again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 5