ROCKPILE REVIEW - Evolution

Shaw66

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It's also about scheme and coaching.  The Chiefs offensive line knew how to attack gaps - it wasn't strictly overpowering the guy across the line.  

Part of the process, over the course of the season, is to learn how to play several different styles.  They learn to do that by playing against different styles and adapting.   If teams run on the Bills for the next two months the way the Chiefs ran on them, then the coaches will have failed.   I think we'll see run-stopping improve.  

When you look at what Josh Allen has done this season in the air the opposition begins to see more and more advantages to winning TOP with a good ground game IMO. To me this was the negative part of McD's strategy to beat KC. Forcing them to run kept our D on the field for long durations getting slowly pounded to death as our O stood on the sideline as spectators.

I don't think Buffalo has a choice. We can stop the run or the whole copy cat league will be running the football down our throats IMO.

Edited by Figster

On 10/20/2020 at 8:18 PM, LB48 said:

not to criticize - but - I can read the same thing in the Buffalo News (out of town for you) and on ESPN News.  Get us something spectacularly different.

Not to criticize - but - Shaw66 has been providing these for years and you are free to move along and read your other sources. No one twisted your arm.