Lets take a breath here and look at this more logically...

Alphadawg7

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Their biggest problem is that the Bills have spent 2+ years blowing smoke up Tremaine Edmunds ass as a MLB hoping that the hot air will elevate his game and it's just not happening.

He is their version of Gary Sanchez in the middle of the lineup. 

But he also happens to be their highest ceiling pass rusher..........something they actually NEED (unlike a Yankees team that doesn't have room for another slugger at 1B or DH).   

The Bills have been trying to break the mould at MLB and it ain't working.   That particular round hole is very resistant to square pegs for a reason.   You gotta' have instincts for the position.   He just doesn't react like a RB in the run game and all the false steps there really detract from the rest of his performance.

There really isn't an excuse for not having depth at that position.    Signing Tyler Matakevich as his backup when he's basically unplayable on defense was a real double-down.  It's not so hard to fill MLB decently that you need to use a lot of capital on the project.   

The sanchez comp is apt. 

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) Lawson just aint very good.   He played his assoff for a new contract and became a very solid rotational DE.   Beane was wise to dangle that carrot last year and get what they could out of him.    But now that he is in Miami he is the same player the Bills had in 2017-2018.   I mean to a TEE.  So what you saw last year.......wasn't happening again with a new contract in hand this year.

2) Star Lotulelei was downright poor in his first season in Buffalo and mediocre in year 2.   He was a traffic cone.   He wasn't a double team magnet he was a single teamed 1T who couldn't get off a block to make a tackle.   He was being outplayed by an enormous margin by Horrible Harry last year prior to HH's injury.   I know people are fixated on the perceived D-line issues..........but the problem with the run defense is the linebackers.   They are getting opportunities but they are just making the wrong choices in pursuit.   Edmunds has been awful in this regard.   

Keep in mind that the Bills have been running the same stuff on defense for 4 seasons now.    Teams are prepared.   They KNOW the weaknesses.   It's not a coincidence that now even the most casual of fans can see things like the deficiencies in Edmunds' game.

I agree with what you’re saying. Particularly about Edmunds. However, that doesn’t change the fact that the replacements aren’t performing well enough to provide the same level of production we got at those positions last season. Plus as poor as Shaq was in previous years he was still better at setting the edge than Murphy. As for H Phillips, he’s not performing at the same level as he was pre-injury. 

The bolded is probably more important than the talent level. A lot of teams are utilizing some of the successful concepts of McD and Fraziers’ scheme. That means every team in the league has practiced against those coverage concepts, and QBs aren’t confused by what they’re doing anymore. Perhaps the decreasing turnovers were an indicator of this? It also seems like that A gap blitz is now worthless, especially without Alexander as they don’t have a guy at SLB/DE that can drop into coverage as effectively. As for Edmunds.... well, he’s reminding me of Anthony Barr which is bad for your MLB. I’m not sure if they’ll move him, but if they let Milano walk it might make sense to draft a MLB, slide Edmunds to SLB, and find a WLB without injury concerns. IDK. I’m seeing more than a few issues on the defense, and how to best fix it all is above my pay grade. 

• Like (+1) 1