TH trade possibility: Carolina?

How about Carolina as a dark horse player in the TH sweepstakes? They pick 45th in Round 2:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panthers | Looking to Add a Running Back During Draft? - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:27:46 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers like the crop of running backs available in the upcoming NFL Draft. Because of issues with their current running backs, the position is of potential need for the Panthers.

If the team is unable to land one of the top backs with their first-round pick, No. 14 overall, they may turn their attention to other backs during the second or third round.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panthers | Foster Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:27:26 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers RB DeShaun Foster (shoulder) has recovered from shoulder surgery and will be ready for the team's rookie minicamp. However, there are concerns over his long-term health as he has finished two of the last three seasons on injured reserve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panthers | Davis May Not be Ready for Start of Season - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:27:09 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers RB Stephen Davis (knee) remains a long ways away from being healthy after having knee surgery. He may not be ready for the start of the regular season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panthers | Goings Not the Answer to RB Concerns - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:26:53 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers RB Nick Goings filled in well for the team during 2004, but the team does not view him as the answer to their running back position.

Panthers' roster:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=car

How about Carolina as a dark horse player in the TH sweepstakes?  They pick 45th in Round 2:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panthers | Looking to Add a Running Back During Draft? - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:27:46 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers like the crop of running backs available in the upcoming NFL Draft. Because of issues with their current running backs, the position is of potential need for the Panthers.

If the team is unable to land one of the top backs with their first-round pick, No. 14 overall, they may turn their attention to other backs during the second or third round.

Panthers | Foster Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:27:26 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers RB DeShaun Foster (shoulder) has recovered from shoulder surgery and will be ready for the team's rookie minicamp. However, there are concerns over his long-term health as he has finished two of the last three seasons on injured reserve.

Panthers | Davis May Not be Ready for Start of Season - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:27:09 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers RB Stephen Davis (knee) remains a long ways away from being healthy after having knee surgery. He may not be ready for the start of the regular season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panthers | Goings Not the Answer to RB Concerns - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:26:53 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers RB Nick Goings filled in well for the team during 2004, but the team does not view him as the answer to their running back position.

Panthers' roster: 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=car

312875[/snapback]

Initially I thought this was a ridiculuos idea due to the presence of stephen davis and deshaun foster, however not any longer when you think that as talented as Deshaun Foster is he has been on injured reserve almost all of his career and Stephen Davis is getting long in the tooth. Who knows maybe they will offer us fair value.

I am in a 12 team keeper league where we keep 5 players which we declare May 1st. I am undecided whether to keep Deshawn Foster or not. If he starts and is healthy he will have a monster year. That is two big ifs... Any opinions out there?

I am in a 12 team keeper league where we keep 5 players which we declare May 1st.  I am undecided whether to keep Deshawn Foster or not.  If he starts and is healthy he will have a monster year.  That is two big ifs... Any opinions out there?

313233[/snapback]

I say do not keep him he has been injured last season and his rookie season. Also if Carolina had so much confidence in him why did they ever sign Stephen Davis. Having said that it is difficult to answer given that I do not know who else you could keep.