Should Buffalo and Miami hammer out a trade?

If Buffalo isn't fairly compensated with at least a decent 3rd rd pick or better yet a 2nd rd pick, then maybe a trade of a different kind can still benefit us. I don't think at this time that anybody involved in Buffalo wants Henry to remain on the roster. If a draft pick can't be worked out then maybe a player for player trade can be lucrative.

Here's athought. Miami is looking to trade CB Patrick Surtain and it's time for the Bills to boot Henry. They help us and we help them and when we play each other twice a year we can thank each other. We would actually get the better of this deal just in the aspect that Miami won't be able to pass or run on us. With Clements unresolved and McGee being better suited to play ST and the nickel package, we would have a shut down secondary. Both Miami and Buffalo are looking for a 2nd rd pick for their players. Walla! It should be cheaper to secure a CB this year then next's. Don't think that this could be done so easily with Clements this year. He's close to completing his contract and I'm sure he is going to want to test the market for compensation, reguardless if he stays in Buffalo.

Keep in mind that with Surtain he's real familiar with this division and it's offenses. Who knows, maybe Moulds and him can kiss and make up. Would you want Surtain opposite Clements?

If Buffalo isn't fairly compensated with at least a decent 3rd rd pick or better yet a 2nd rd pick, then maybe a trade of a different kind can still benefit us. I don't think at this time that anybody involved in Buffalo wants Henry to remain on the roster. If a draft pick can't be worked out then maybe a player for player trade can be lucrative.

Here's athought. Miami is looking to trade CB Patrick Surtain and it's time for the Bills to boot Henry. They help us and we help them and when we play each other twice a year we can thank each other. We would actually get the better of this deal just in the aspect that Miami won't be able to pass or run on us. With Clements unresolved and McGee being better suited to play ST and the nickel package, we would have a shut down secondary. Both Miami and Buffalo are looking for a 2nd rd pick for their players. Walla! It should be cheaper to secure a CB this year then next's. Don't think that this could be done so easily with Clements this year. He's close to completing his contract and I'm sure he is going to want to test the market for compensation, reguardless if he stays in Buffalo.

Keep in mind that with Surtain he's real familiar with this division and it's offenses. Who knows, maybe Moulds and him can kiss and make up. Would you want Surtain opposite Clements?

312201[/snapback]

It appears as though your not getting TD. TD will not pay over 4 mil a year for a QB hence all the trade rumrs surrounding clement this year not that it really matters because everyone is forgetting that TD has no problem using a franchise tag on a player he knows he can do a Trade and sign for valuable draft picks.

However Surtain is looking to make over 6 mil a year so i dont see it happening, However, i do like your plan and has been one of my own dreams of obtaing but we have to wake up from thisone cuz it aint happening.

312201[/snapback]

The Dolphins would not be foolish enough to make this trade even-up.

Hey if we had to toss them a 7th rd pick then let's do it. Donahoe's late rd picks usually suck anyways.

Hey guys, I surely don't know all the nuances of trades, but I do know that this draft can't conclude soon enough because I need some sleep!

Hey if we had to toss them a 7th rd pick then let's do it. Donahoe's late rd picks usually suck anyways.

Hey guys, I surely don't know all the nuances of trades, but I do know that this draft can't conclude soon enough because I need some sleep!

312227[/snapback]

Now we are close to a consensus. :rolleyes:

It would be great to obtain PS from the phish, especially with the threat of NC leaving Buffalo, and the thought of dumping Travis on a divisional opponent.

I wish that there was a way it could happen, and yes I too will be more relaxed when the draft is finally over. :P

and McGee being better suited to play ST and the nickel package, we would have a shut down secondary.

312201[/snapback]

Am I the only one that thought McGee played OK last year? I must be because everyone acts like it's a desperate need area for the Bills. I think we're fine wiht McGee.

He's a better ST'er. Although he played well, Surtain is a better CB. Nothing wrong with improvement. I'd like to feel a little more comfortable about the future of our secondary too. Right now CB Nate Clements' future is undetermined. Signing a CB this year will be cheaper than signing one next year. The question I posted is " Should Buffalo and Miami hammer out a trade?". What do you think- yes or no?