This could spell the end of international radio streaming

PromoTheRobot

https://completemusicupdate.com/article/tunein-starts-restricting-international-stations-in-the-uk-after-major-labels-legal-win/

Major record labels are SOB's. They clobber small radio stations while cutting sweetheart deals with Spotify and Pandora, etc. This UK thing is just the first shoe.

When streaming was first introduced it leveled the playing field between big broadcasters and the little guy who liked music. Now they use music licensing as the hammer to make sure only a few outlets reach the masses. This really kills both eclectic radio and artists. Bastages!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm a huge free radio advocate, and still despise Bill Clinton for signing the FCC Act of 1996.  (In case anyone wonders why radio, and most commercial music in general have gone down the shitter, or your child has a dull look in her eyes caused by overexposure to autotune, look it up), but mixed on this one.   In general, I'm cheering for the aggregator, but only for cautionary measures. Those Major Label slimebags do have a point- the company is leaching off their intellectual property, presumably for profit.  

Not sure I see the end of all international radio because of one debatable ruling in one country, or at least not nearly as clearly as I saw the systematic and greedily intentional destruction of US radio back in 1996.