Amerks win game 1 of playoffs

Rayzer32

Thomas Vanek picks up two assists and finishes the game with ten shots on goal. I can't wait to see him play for the Sabres. He has been just incredible in the AHL racking up 42 goals (good for second overall) and leading the league in power-play goals with 25. Not too shabby for a rookie!

According to the boxscore from usatoday.com only 3800 showed up. What's up Rochester hockey fan???

GOAL SCORING:

1ST PRD: HAM - ANTTI MIETTINEN 1 (TOMAS PLEKANEC, TREVOR DALEY) 15:56

2ND PRD: NONE

3RD PRD: ROC - RYAN MILLER 1 (THOMAS VANEK, JEFF JILLSON) 9:16

ROC - PAUL GAUSTAD 1 (THOMAS VANEK) 13:34

ROC - PAUL GAUSTAD 2 (UNASSISTED) 16:33

POWER-PLAY CONVERSIONS: HAM - 0 OF 4, ROC - 0 OF 6.

SHOTS ON GOAL: 1ST 2ND 3RD TOTAL

--- --- --- -----

HAM 10 6 10 26

ROC 9 12 14 35

GOALIES: HAM - YANN DANIS

ROC - RYAN MILLER

OFFICIALS: REF - CHRIS CIAMAGA

LIN - MICHAEL BAKER, PETE FEOLA

ATT: 3,807

According to the boxscore from usatoday.com  only 3800 showed up.  What's up Rochester hockey fan???

GOAL SCORING:

SHOTS ON GOAL:        1ST  2ND  3RD  TOTAL

---  ---  ---  -----

HAM    10    6  10    26

ROC    9  12  14    35

ROC - RYAN MILLER

311061[/snapback]

Ryan Miller (goalie) scored a goal?

According to the boxscore from usatoday.com  only 3800 showed up.  What's up Rochester hockey fan???

GOAL SCORING:

SHOTS ON GOAL:        1ST  2ND  3RD  TOTAL

---  ---  ---  -----

HAM    10    6  10    26

ROC    9  12  14    35

ROC - RYAN MILLER

311061[/snapback]

Miller had a big night, but not quite that big! :w00t:

Norm Milley scored the first Amerks goal.

http://www.amerks.com/FeatureStories.aspx?news_id=447

311061[/snapback]

Yes, that is pitiful. Everyone saying, well it's Wed night. Yeah, well the kids are also on school break this week, so that's no excuse.

I was there last Friday and two Friday's prior to that, and there were 10,880 and 11,200 respectively. I'll be there this Friday and it better be packed.

Yes, that is pitiful.  Everyone saying, well it's Wed night.  Yeah, well the kids are also on school break this week, so that's no excuse. 

I was there last Friday and two Friday's prior to that, and there were 10,880 and 11,200 respectively.  I'll be there this Friday and it better be packed.

311091[/snapback]

I was there on Saturday - attendance was in the neighborhood of 11,000.

I was there on Saturday - attendance was in the neighborhood of 11,000.

311139[/snapback]

My bad, it was Saturday, against Syracuse. I am so used to them playing on Friday's I got confused. They rarely have those Sat night home games. :w00t:

We had a sellout on Monday night of 6451 in Anchorage and our previous playoff games were attended by 5152 and 6251 (SRO Sellout) and those were on a Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

Rochester needs to represent. It's a great hockey town and the boys deserve better - especially this season.

We had a sellout on Monday night of 6451 in Anchorage and our previous playoff games were attended by 5152 and 6251 (SRO Sellout) and those were on a Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

Rochester needs to represent.  It's a great hockey town and the boys deserve better - especially this season.

311159[/snapback]

Yes it's sad, but this is a common problem around the entire AHL. 1st rd palyoff games draw terribly every year, and why, no one knows.

Out of the 4 1st rd games so far, Rochester had the highest attendance at 3800. Chicago (with a much bigger arena) had 2400, Milwaukee had close to 2400 and St. John's (a Canadien team) drew almost 3200.

Rochester is usually in the top 5 in attendance every year, and that is with a medium sized arena.

Yes it's sad, but this is a common problem around the entire AHL.  1st rd palyoff games draw terribly every year, and why, no one knows.

Out of the 4 1st rd games so far, Rochester had the highest attendance at 3800.  Chicago (with a much bigger arena) had 2400, Milwaukee had close to 2400 and St. John's (a Canadien team) drew almost 3200. 

Rochester is usually in the top 5 in attendance every year, and that is with a medium sized arena.

311445[/snapback]

I didn't know it was a problem around the league. How much are they jacking up the ticket price?

I didn't know it was a problem around the league.  How much are they jacking up the ticket price?

311490[/snapback]

Here they really don't jack them up. $2 at the most. I am not sure about other teams.