Auditor: Favre received welfare money for no-show speeches

On 5/5/2020 at 2:40 AM, TwistofFate said:

Favre probably never saw a dime.  That shady non profit company cooked the books and embezzled it. 

This is quite likely,  It would be very easy to find out if,  A) did they transferred any money to Fabre , and B) did Farve in effect cash the check/actually receive said money. 

Edited by Don Otreply

I'm a tad confused.

My original understanding was that the $1.1 million was - on paper - to pay Favre for speaking.  But that Favre never spoke.  I thought that since he didn't speak, he didn't get paid and that someone else pocketed the money in between.

My new understanding is that Favre WAS paid $1.1 million for speaking - and Favre is saying he has, " never received moneys for obligations I didn't meet."

So he spoke.  He was paid.  And he's returning it because he's now finding out that the money he received was supposed to go to others.

Yep ... I'm confused.

Many things could have happened here. But since Farve says he is giving back the money, how can some think he never got the money in the first place? How can you give back what you don't have?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Many things could have happened here. But since Farve says he is giving back the money, how can some think he never got the money in the first place? How can you give back what you don't have?

Glad I'm not the only one saying "hmmmmm."

15 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Well it happened to me.  IRS demanded money (taxes) and penalties for income I never received.  I told them repeatedly this, that I had no dealings with company which supposedly paid me interest and their next step was to raise fines and start garnishing my paycheck as well as statements on credit report which could risk my job so I paid it. 

The following year I received letter stating my SSN was used as part of fraud and the persons who committed the fraud provided a list of accounts used as part of it as well as partial repayment of what IRS determined they fraudulently claimed in tax breaks and interest paid by other parties.  The parties actually obtained the SSNs from IRS database of contractors who had done work for IRS. I had done computer work for IRS contractor on IRS training system.  I replied with request for repayment including interest including original letter which included what checked could have been missed and they stated that the information was utilized in determining how fraud occurred after multiple reports were made on same issue.  I got interest but amount was minuscule.