Joe's Boxing Career Over?

millbank

Greg,

with all do respect... As someone who has known Joe his whole life. Go screw yourself! I have very mixed emotions. I am very sad to see Joe's boxing career end this way but I am glad that he has a long healthy life he can continue to lead. Saying he is now going to end up on the Wegmans checkout line is completely uncalled for. Lets see you say something like that with him standing infront of you.

Thank god his career is over before he actually got into the ring with a contender who would beat the ever living hell out of him. Sure, he's beat guys like Bert "Who the hell is Bert Cooper" Cooper, but if he had ever actually nutted up and fought someone like either of the Klitschos or Whitaker, or Golota, he would be lucky to ever wake up again.

I know as Buffalonians, we love to be homers, but this guy never was, and never would have been a contender.

Way to dump all over a fellow Buffalonian when the guy is at his lowest. Some of you guys are real class acts. Threads like these make be imbarrassed to be a WNYer sometimes. The guy retired undefeated. Would he have gotten his head beat in by a top ranked contender? Probably, but who the heck knows. Give the guy some friggin respect for what he has done in the boxing world and the community.