Could there be collusion between two teams?

While there is nothing wrong with having friendly associates in this league, but would two different teams working in unison for each other's welfare be allowed? I would hope not. This little Belichick entourage has raised my suspicion a little the last couple of years. When they were going to the Super Bowls the last few years and more and more were being made about their coordinators, I sometimes wondered about a little friendly inside trading. Thank goodness Weiss went to the college ranks. I don't think I could handle him floating around somewheres in the league. This Crennel and Saban is enough. The one good thing I will say though, it's probably a good thing that they are all in the AFC. Maybe not at first but within due time Moe, Larry, and Curley should be bumping heads on the way to a common prize.

Well back to the inspiration of this post. Apparently Cleveland's Crennel is interested in obtaining back-up QB Rohan Davey so he can compete with QB Trent Dilfer. This will be based on if New England is targeting a quarterback and that player falls to them in a round that they are comfortable with.

Now, I wonder, does this seem a little too much an open book on a common goal? It seems to be very revealing, especially so early. I also wonder if they can ping pong with players and draft picks so they can aid and abet each other's goals. What I mean is that during the draft one team takes a player at a certain position or slot so that it could possibly alter the sequence of the following players.

It's early but like I said, keep an eye on that Cleveland/New England duo. I just don't trust them.

While there is nothing wrong with having friendly associates in this league, but would two different teams working in unison for each other's welfare be allowed? I would hope not. This little Belichick entourage has raised my suspicion a little the last couple of years. When they were going to the Super Bowls the last few years and more and more were being made about their coordinators, I sometimes wondered about a little friendly inside trading. Thank goodness Weiss went to the college ranks. I don't think I could handle him floating around somewheres in the league. This Crennel and Saban is enough. The one good thing I will say though, it's probably a good thing that they are all in the AFC. Maybe not at first but within due time Moe, Larry, and Curley should be bumping heads on the way to a common prize.

Well back to the inspiration of this post. Apparently Cleveland's Crennel is interested in obtaining back-up QB Rohan Davey so he can compete with QB Trent Dilfer. This will be based on if New England is targeting a quarterback and that player falls to them in a round that they are comfortable with.

Now, I wonder, does this seem a little too much an open book on a common goal? It seems to be very revealing, especially so early. I also wonder if they can ping pong with players and draft picks so they can aid and abet each other's goals. What I mean is that during the draft one team takes a player at a certain position or slot so that it could possibly alter the sequence of the following players.

It's early but like I said, keep an eye on that Cleveland/New England duo. I just don't trust them.

307211[/snapback]

Relax Lee Harvey; Cleveland and New England are not in cahoots.

Oh boy .... people will be telling you to put on your tin foil hat soon. Remember there are no conspiracies in the USA. To even imply there could be in an intelligent manner paints a target right on your back. If there was a conspiracy people would tell the newspapers and the news would tell us.

Oh boy .... people will be telling you to put on your tin foil hat soon.  Remember there are no conspiracies in the USA.  To even imply there could be in an intelligent manner paints a target right on your back.  If there was a conspiracy people would tell the newspapers and the news would tell us.

Yeah. Cigarettes don't kill.

if cleveland and NE are bettering their teams by using each other than why is that bad? if they can take and trade each other's players to make themselves better.... ur telling me thats wrong? so if u were the GM and NE offered you Rohan Davey, a player that would seem to fit better in your system than theirs, you would reject the offer? After all, isnt that what teams try to do anyways... make themselves better through use of other teams? And even if it was some "conspiracy" what are you or the league gunna do about it? not let them trade players? gimme a break

307211[/snapback]

Easily one of the funniest posts ever! :angry: Oh my goodness - two teams might make a mutually beneficial trade!!! How can the league allow it?

:doh:

What's next?

Travis Henry - should they waive the waiting period in Canton? I say yes!

Tom Donahoe just told Len P. that he was able to invent cold fusion!