My Cap Page is updated

As of 4/15/05, I have the Bills $1,289,624 under an "adjusted" salary cap of $85,722,000 million with $5,382,941 "dead cap".

I'm working on a new article that will explain the fervor over the discrepancies between the various media reports and Clayton's numbers from 3/4

His $6.2 million number is wrong

:D

As of 4/15/05, I have the Bills $1,289,624 under an "adjusted" salary cap of $85,722,000 million with $5,382,941 "dead cap".

I'm working on a new article that will explain the fervor over the discrepancies between the various media reports and Clayton's numbers from 3/4

306569[/snapback]

Thanks, CP. Wonder when the team will wise up and use PHI's machinations...

306569[/snapback]

You're just begging for jp-era to come back and tell everyone your cap figure is way off! :D

Was a 9.8 mil cap hit for Mike Williams a typo? Egads... that stuck out like a sore thumb. He's not worth that kind of dinero.

Sam Adams and Chris Villarial numbers seemed over their worth also.

Clump...I looked around and could not find it. Any idea what the 2005 cap hits are for the three players selected immediately after MW....Quentin Jammer, Ryan Sims & Bryant McKinnie. I continue to be puzzled that MW's cap hit is 9+ million for the next couple of years. I know he was a #4 overall, but this cap amount if unacceptable for a player at his level.

Thanks!

Clump...I looked around and could not find it.  Any idea what the 2005 cap hits are for the three players selected immediately after MW....Quentin Jammer, Ryan Sims & Bryant McKinnie.  I continue to be puzzled that MW's cap hit is 9+ million for the next couple of years.  I know he was a #4 overall, but this cap amount if unacceptable for a player at his level.

Thanks!

306887[/snapback]

I agree. The original contract was 44 million. With 20 million of it in escalator clauses. Also from these two write-ups it appears that he got 15.5 million the first 3 years in salary and bonuses. Not sure how much additonal he got in bonuses but that leaves 29 million - 20 million in "possible escalators". That means from my calcs that he is only making 9 million in salary total the last three year. Now again I don't know how the escalators worked, but I am betting he missed some with his missing time and not moving to left tackle , which I am sure were part of those escalators.

The fourth overall choice in the 2002 draft, Buffalo Bills offensive tackle Mike Williams, signed a contract that, according to NFL Players Association figures, could be worth as much as $44 million over six years. That deal included an original signing bonus and two subsequent options bonuses that totals $11.75 million.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1582994.html

The last movement by either side in the negotiations came two weeks ago, when Jammer informed the Chargers that he was willing to accept the team's tougher escalator-clause standards later in the deal. The No. 4 pick, Buffalo offensive tackle Mike Williams, received some $20 million in easily reachable escalators from the Bills.

Williams also got a deal from Buffalo that will pay him $15.5 million in the first three years. Kansas City is believed to have offered Sims about $11.5 million in the first three years. Jammer is seeking split the difference, and thus is in the $13.5 million ballpark

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...hargers_jammer/

Okay let me change this a little. According to NFLPA he is getting an increase from 450K to 4 million in base salary this year. If his hit was 15.5 million the first three years, his salaries were only 2 million. So he got 13.5 in bonus money. Divide that by zix and you wind up with about 6.25 or so in cap money this year. Again we don't know the escalators and that may bring it to 9 million along with "incentives" but I don't see it especially since he hasn't made the Pro Bowl, is still playing RT, missing some games, and issues last year.

This is why you never want to draft in the top 10 :angry:

His deal was constructed to force an extension. I'm sure that TD and his agent are working on a new deal that will result in lower cap numbers but not necessarily less money. His play drastically improved late in 2004 season.

The salary escalators add up to about $10 million plus $6 million in roster bonuses

:angry:

306569[/snapback]

sign me up!!

Hey Clump, although several posts have been started thanking you for this tremendous information that you offer us, i wanted to add my thanks to the list. I also had a question for you. Being newer to the board than most, when is it you begin to start looking at next years salary cap info? This may be helpful at squashing most rumors about NC, or maybe providing insight on what the team may be doing next season, or even this season. Have you started looking at next year or do you wait far into our upcoming season before worrying about it. Just curious. Again, thanks for all the effort you put into your page.

Hey Clump, although several posts have been started thanking you for this tremendous information that you offer us, i wanted to add my thanks to the list.  I also had a question for you.  Being newer to the board than most, when is it you begin to start looking at next years salary cap info?  This may be helpful at squashing most rumors about NC, or maybe providing insight on what the team may be doing next season, or even this season.  Have you started looking at next year or do you wait far into our upcoming season before worrying about it.  Just curious.  Again, thanks for all the effort you put into your page.

311136[/snapback]

Thanks brihs :w00t:

I have a spreadsheet that covers every year in which a player is under contract. Unfortunately, it's way too early to make judgements on 2006. I will need to wait until during the season to do that. However, I am in the process of producing a 2006 cap page, so my "fans" ;) can see not only 2005 but also 2006