Throwback Tuesday: on this date in 1993, Bill Polian announces his own firing

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Art wander always wanted to replace Levy with hank stram

Funny, i remember calling into 980 The Team in DC right when it started in like 91...and got on after Bruce Murray just had Hank Stram on...and i was like..that dude is cooked dude, ya cant have him on any more! And he agreed and said age had obviously caught up with by then.

Little OT...and as in the rage on Twitter now

Unpopular Opinion, Marv was great at keeping the team together, was a good CEO..but in no way deserves to be in the HOF. 

I found out about it the Tuesday after the Super Bowl, a few days before it was announced.  We were on our way back from the Super Bowl and had a stop in Atlanta before going back to Albany.  I called a friend who at the time was a teacher at St. Francis HS where Polian sent his sons and it was all over the school that Polian was fired.  If the same thing happened a few years later I would have posted the news 2-3 days before it was announced .  I would have probably been met with doubters not believing me without a link, just like the scoopers of today get when they get news that is days before it is announced.  

PS: When I was at the Atlanta airport I bought an Atlanta sweatshirt and wore it throughout the year & any time someone asked why I have an Atlanta sweatshirt I would tell them it was because in January 1994 I'd be going to the Super Bowl there.  I did.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.