TD holding onto TH

With interest recently fron Philly and TB maybe TD will definitly get more than we hoped for TH after all.

It is only speculation but maybe TB will give a second for TH. That would be the best case scenario IMHO because it would give us 2 second rounders where we could go with--

1.-OL

2.-CB

3.-TE

2 of those 3 positions would be great in round 2.

With interest recently fron Philly and TB maybe TD will definitly get more than we hoped for TH after all.

It is only speculation but maybe TB will give a second for TH. That would be the best case scenario IMHO because it would give us 2 second rounders where we could go with--

1.-OL

2.-CB

3.-TE

305862[/snapback]

It was never a bad thing. Some fans here always knew Henry's true worth and thought it stupid to just "give" him away to the Cardinals for a career underacheiver with a 3 million a year price tag. There were a lot of fans here wanting TD to cave in because they were afraid of not getting anything. I remember one poster here who thought the Bills would be "lucky" to get any draft picks for him. Said he had it from insider information. Where is he now???? I'd like to see him post that dubious fluff now. A 2nd round rookie doesn't hold anything against a proven player like Travis Henry, not in the real world of NFL football anyways.

I've heard rumors recently that Gruden really wants Alex Smith. If he's there at #5 and the Bucs take him, he could be inclined to trade a pick for Henry. Meanwhile, we know that Dennis Green feels that he must come away from this draft with a playmaker at CB.

It all tells me that as various scenarios play themselves out in the draft, Henry's future will become more pronounced. We should have some indication early based on what TB does with the #5 pick and what Arizona does with the #8 pick. If they both take a RB, as many mock drafts have suggested, then Henry's stock declines in a major way. If one team or the other passes on a RB, it could mean that a deal is already in the works. If NEITHER takes a RB, then we may even have a bidding war on our hands.

I doubt that we could manage the Cards' or Bucs' high second rounder, but maybe their high 3rd rounder? And maybe the Eagles get in on the bid with their late 2nd rounder?

This is getting really interesting.

I still hope we can get Shelton though.

Get 'er done, TD!    :D

305941[/snapback]

Yes it is.

I just think it's great that we went from no interest(besides the Cards)to three teams showing interest.

Denny Green can eat my arse. Shoulda swapped the picks and players when he was the only guy on the phone.

Yes it is.

I just think it's great that we went from no interest(besides the Cards)to three teams showing interest.

Denny Green can eat my arse. Shoulda swapped the picks and players when he was the only guy on the phone.

306197[/snapback]

Implying, of course, that Donahoe was actually willing to do that. There's always a method to his madness and I have a sneaking suspicion that he wasn't trading Travis until all the cards were on the table.

Implying, of course, that Donahoe was actually willing to do that.  There's always a method to his madness and I have a sneaking suspicion that he wasn't trading Travis until all the cards were on the table.

306200[/snapback]

Stop clouding the issue with facts! :D

1.-OL

2.-CB

3.-TE

305862[/snapback]

It never was a "bad thing". TD just happens to know more about football than most of us on this board. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm one of them.

Implying, of course, that Donahoe was actually willing to do that.  There's always a method to his madness and I have a sneaking suspicion that he wasn't trading Travis until all the cards were on the table.

306200[/snapback]

All 55 of them? That's quite a trade! But I don't think we'll have room on the roster.

Ironically, there actually is precedent, and it even involved Arizona! During the eighties the USFL's Chicago Blitz traded their entire active roster and head coach (George Allen) to the Arizona Wranglers for most of their players. The lucky coach of the new-look Blitz? Marv Levy of course!