Would you like to minimize the loss...

Then trade our next year 1st rounder. Recieve today and pay tomorrow. Philly has the #35 pick. They love to accumulate picks and they can afford to be patient. We already used our 1st rd pick this year, so why not defer the payment? Recouping this pick is possible but time is needed to work this option out. Here's a few results that would be beneficial.

1) We are a team that still has needs to get to the next level. Get the players now not later.

2) Acquiring the needed player(s) to improve will result in more success for the season. The more successful we are now will result in a lower 1st rd pick for next year.

3) We have a future bargaining chip in Nate Clements or maybe some other player(s). If this is not an option for whatever reason then worse case scenario is that we can do it all over again.

4) With earlier and extra pick(s), we should invest them on the offensive side of the ball. We already started the youth movement process here and this would finish it off. The age would be left primarily on the defensive side of the ball (the safety and linebacker positions in particular).

I'm at work and just got interrupted. Like this post or not I'm going to finish this later.

Then trade our next year 1st rounder. Recieve today and pay tomorrow.

305508[/snapback]

Who are you, the ghost of George Allen?

This is a mediocre draft. I'll bet a #1 pick in 2006 is a whole lot more valuable than one this year. Anyway, you can never fix all of your problems in one fell swoop, so the Bills shouln't take the risk of mortgaging the future to try it now.

No 1st round pick next year would leave more cap room for next year to re-sign or extend some of our future FAs. But what would be the trade off for for that #35 pick? We would almost certainly have to give up extra picks this year, is that worth moving up to 35 when there is a good chance we will have 44?

If we have a 1st this year then my guess is that it would involve a trade for Clements, like Clements and our 3rd to _?_ for the other teams 1st.

Ooh, I'm back. That was real funny, Sound n Fury. You know, I kinda like that ghost of George Allen thing. That's pretty original. sfladave1, to be honest, I didn't think it thru that far about having more $$$ to resign/extend our future FAs. That is some real good insight.

Last year we traded our 1st rd pick this year (and 2 other picks from last year's draft, which by the way, I think that we way over paid) and Donahoe is hailed as being a genius. I suggest a similiar idea and I get some guy posting a smiley face slapping it's forehead. Are you serious? Does anyone really think that we got fair market value for Losman? I don't. We paid the premium, but I guess we had too.

Our next year's 1st rd pick is guaranteed to be no higher than #1 and no lower than #32. Why in the world would we even have to think that we would have to add anything else for Philly's 2nd rd pick? I'm not looking to get into this year's 1st rd.

This is a real solid draft at the 2nd to 3rd rd level. I don't think picking our 1st pick at 55 is going to be a big contribution. We have not even made the play-offs in how long? Do people really think that we can just stroll along and take our sweet loving time? Get real! Do you realize who our GM is? Probably one of the gutsiest guys that I can think of. Why in the world would anybody would think that he's going to be lackadaisial. Hey, I'll be the 1st to admit that I'm more than likely way off base on this trade scenario, but do expect something big from Donahoe again in this year's draft.

If we were to receive the 35th pick and still trade Henry for, hopefully, a 2nd rd pick or at worse a 3rd rd pick, then I would say that Buffalo had a successful draft. Add in the fact that we also will be picking at the 55 slot and one can easily see how strong of a draft this would be. We didn't even come close to "mortgaging our future". All the while we still have the Nate Clements issue. How about we make him our 1st rd pick next year, either with us or for someone else.

If we infused this current roster with 4 quality picks by the mid 3rd rd in this year's draft, then how much would this team be lacking going into next year's draft?

Then trade our next year 1st rounder. Recieve today and pay tomorrow. Philly has the #35 pick. They love to accumulate picks and they can afford to be patient. We already used our 1st rd pick this year, so why not defer the payment? Recouping this pick is possible but time is needed to work this option out. Here's a few results that would be beneficial.

1) We are a team that still has needs to get to the next level. Get the players now not later.

2) Acquiring the needed player(s) to improve will result in more success for the season. The more successful we are now will result in a lower 1st rd pick for next year.

3) We have a future bargaining chip in Nate Clements or maybe some other player(s). If this is not an option for whatever reason then worse case scenario is that we can do it all over again.

4) With earlier and extra pick(s), we should invest them on the offensive side of the ball. We already started the youth movement process here and this would finish it off. The age would be left primarily on the defensive side of the ball (the safety and linebacker positions in particular).

I'm at work and just got interrupted. Like this post or not I'm going to finish this later.

305508[/snapback]

We should cut JP right now so people can't B word we don't have a first rounder this year! :doh: