Good news for NYS taxpayers...

duey

Pataki, Legislature Agree on Budget -- But Without Funding for West Side Stadium

Apr 13, 2005 10:04 am US/Eastern

ALBANY (CBS) Gov. George Pataki and legislative leaders have agreed on a $106.5 billion stat budget that did not include any money for the controversial West Side Stadium in Manhattan.

And as WCBS880's Peter Haskell reports, that could be a sign that the project is in trouble (click on the audio link at right for a full report).

Pataki and legislators did agree on add-on deals for $1 billion in additional spending following days of closed-door negotiations. Pataki had proposed a $105.5 billion budget in January and had repeatedly said the Legislature sought to spend more than the state could afford. But Pataki, citing a $1 billion increase in projected revenues, on Tuesday agreed to most of what the Assembly and Senate leadership sought, working closely together.

http://wcbs880.com/content/local_story_103100949.html

No word from Bloombergs office, which is surprising since he usually immediately rebuffs any negative talk about the stadium. Perhaps Pataki finally realized that this issue could actually hurt him in his bid for reelection.

Pataki, Legislature Agree on Budget -- But Without Funding for West Side Stadium

ALBANY (CBS) Gov. George Pataki and legislative leaders have agreed on a $106.5 billion stat budget that did not include any money for the controversial West Side Stadium in Manhattan.

And as WCBS880's Peter Haskell reports, that could be a sign that the project is in trouble (click on the audio link at right for a full report).

Pataki and legislators did agree on add-on deals for $1 billion in additional spending following days of closed-door negotiations. Pataki had proposed a $105.5 billion budget in January and had repeatedly said the Legislature sought to spend more than the state could afford. But Pataki, citing a $1 billion increase in projected revenues, on Tuesday agreed to most of what the Assembly and Senate leadership sought, working closely together.

No word from Bloombergs office, which is surprising since he usually immediately rebuffs any negative talk about the stadium.  Perhaps Pataki finally realized that this issue could actually hurt him in his bid for reelection.

304991[/snapback]

Maybe they should offer to build it closer to Rochester. :(

$106 BILLION????

I don't know how many people live in this State, but that's gotta amount to somewhere between $6000 & $7000 per HEAD. That's like $20k for the average family.

I don't know how this relates to other states (I sure it's higher though), but that's just rediculous.

No word from Bloombergs office, which is surprising since he usually immediately rebuffs any negative talk about the stadium. Perhaps Pataki finally realized that this issue could actually hurt him in his bid for reelection.

The CASH might not be there now, but the state could/will float a bond for their $300 million share. I hope not. Let the jets foot the whole bill and give the $300 million to fix up the Ralph. I say cup holder at every seat!

$106 BILLION????

I don't know how many people live in this State, but that's gotta amount to somewhere between $6000 & $7000 per HEAD.  That's like $20k for the average family.

I don't know how this relates to other states (I sure it's higher though), but that's just rediculous.

305094[/snapback]

Hence the reason why so many have bolted. 106 Billion tab is NEVER good news for taxpayers.