Combining Rushing Stats with Passer Rating

Chaos

Passer Rating is largely regarded as a flawed stat (however it does correlate pretty well with winning) .  Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen make such significant contributions as rushers, that there is a lot of discussion on how to evaluate the combined efforts for the QBs.    One of the flaws in passer rating that I dislike, is that the wise decision to throw the ball away rather than take a sack, negatively impacts passer rating, while taking the sack has no impact.  For the second and third year QBs, I took the stats that go into passer rating, Attempts, completions, Yards, INTs and TDs and combined them with each QBs rushing stats and sacks. Each rush and sack is added to attempts and completions both.  The estimated negative sack yardage and positive rushing yardage are added. rushing TDs are add, and fumbles are added to INTs.  It is interesting to note that L. Alexander and D.Watson are also fumbling machines, like Josh Allen.  Might just because they run far more than anyone else.  Anyway on the combined basis , Lamar edges out Mahomes among the young guns:

image.thumb.png.89669bb4c269ea124898d934f9e479f2.png

Chaos, I appreciate the post, but small constructive feedback, make sure when you put a chart up, get it on you’re laptop, enlarge it, so we can read it.  It’s a complete blur.  I’m sure I can surmise what it says, but would love to see it.  With that said, I really do appreciate the post sincerely.

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Chaos, I appreciate the post, but small constructive feedback, make sure when you put a chart up, get it on you’re laptop, enlarge it, so we can read it.  It’s a complete blur.  I’m sure I can surmise what it says, but would love to see it.  With that said, I really do appreciate the post sincerely.

Use links below to save image.