An Update from Buckeyemike

glad you are feeling better . do you plan on being at the opener ?

304578[/snapback]

Probably not...the opener is 9/11/05. That is my sixth wedding anniversary.

I know...most people groan when I say our anniversary is on September 11.

We were married in 1999.

Mike

I've been busy since I've been out of the hospital.  At least I'm eating almost normally again.  I've gained back 3 of the 15 lbs. I lost.

I went to my gastro doctor yesterday...he told me to stay off large amounts of nuts and popcorn.  Coconut macaroons are OK.  ;)  I have to have some more tests done in order to confirm the diagnosis.  I am on a tremendous amount of medication right now, including a derivative of prednisone (a steroid).

I also decided to cut out alcohol entirely...before my hospital stay, I wasn't drinking large amounts and it had actually been a few weeks since I'd had a beer.  For those of you who don't know, I am a Canadian beer aficianado. 

I don't have a medical restriction against alcohol, I just don't want to end up in the hospital for another two weeks.  And you know what?  I feel better.

Mike

304253[/snapback]

Good to hear from you,Mike! :D

Take it slow and easy Buckeyemike!

Can Buckeye Donuts (High Street) still be part of the plan? I used to study there late at night with 75 cent apple fritters and countless cups of coffee (or cupa coffee as we say in Buffalo). That place used to be packed with Middle Eastern students smoking like chimneys. They used to help me with my calculus as math for me might as well have been Mandaran Chinese.

Listen to the Doc!!! :D

I was on prednison for 3 months for my Crohn's disease. I gained 22 lbs of water weight, then i was put on Pentasa (an anti-inflamitary) and all has been well so far.

306978[/snapback]

Best of luck to you also. I think we should all say a prayer & have a drink to all Bills fans health.