NO MNF for the Bills

ch19079

Again I ask this question:

WHY are you SO bent out of shape about the Bills NOT being on MNF?  This isn't 1985, this is the DirectTV era, people arent as in awe of Monday Night Football.  And personally, Id rather see the Bills on CBS or FOX.

304787[/snapback]

Me too. Those MNF 1 AM football games ending kills me. Plus I don't have to listen to Madden blathering about something completely irrelivant to football or life for that matter.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well maybe for you guys it doesnt matter, but personally living in a small town in the midwest, I get screwed every time i try and see a game. Unless the major networks feature the Bills and they arent playing opposite the Bears or Patriots or anyone these jagoffs in the areas seem more interested in, i gotta go to a sports bar with NFL Sunday Ticket and BEG them to put the game on one of the small screens as opposed to being the 10th screen showing the Bears game. I know you guys get to see the games anyway, but it sucks being acollege student and not having contrl over if you get to see your team or not. Personally, I love MN games

304088[/snapback]

$60 a month for 4 months and you will see every Game!

i'll tell you what IS ridiculous, though...GB getting 3 games.  my god, they love brett farrrrvvvv-ra.  it's extremely questionable that GB will have a decent team this year.

304826[/snapback]

To me that was the most outlandish decision on the schedule - Green Bay does not deserve three games on Monday night. Dallas's two was a very close second, but I guess I have faith in Parcells getting them back in the playoffs so it might be a good future call by ABC.

I did notice that it was split down the middle - 17 AFC, 17 NFC teams as far as the matchups. I wonder if that is done every year. If so, it was inevitable that the Jags/Bills/Cincy/Houston middle tier of the AFC (all viable playoff teams in 2004 if they were in the far weaker NFC) was going to get short shrift.

Baltimore players yap a lot, so they're always good for two prime time games. Same goes for Parcells.

I don't why ABC is whining for variable scheduling late in the year when it is patently obvious that they pick games based on potential storylines rather than a true ranking of the teams in terms of strength.

I always thought the Bills attempted to avoid night games due to the long average travel for its season ticket holders. If that's so, the home Saturday night game seems to be a nice consolation prize if you're not going to get a Monday game.

One other weird scheduling quirk I noticed was that Philly only has five 1 PM games scheduled right now.