Doh! I didn't realize survivor pools worked

Beerball

;););) Should read the rules ahead of time. Glad it's still early enough to change my survivor pick.

Pick a separate SURVIVOR selection on your picksheet each week. If the team you select wins, you survive into the following week. Once you have selected a team, you may not select them again for the season, or until the SURVIVOR contest restarts.

I didn't realize you could only pick a survivor once in a season. Oh dopey me!

Logic tells me I should look for the "worst" sure thing each week. In other words, look for an bad team playing a worse team. Any advice?

yep, this is how every survivor pool i've been in works. otherwise no one would ever win. everyone would be picking the top 3-4 teams every week. it would go on forever.

your new strategy is good though. that is what i try to do. however...i said TRY to do.

there is no shame in using the top teams first. once you're out, you're out. so if you never get a chance to use a top team it's a waste. use the "sure things" first and maybe everyone else will be out before you have to get too creative on your picks. go for the wins now. all things seeming equal, go for the lesser team playing the worse team.

Beerball - my first couple of years, I tried that type of strategy. Last year, I just wanted to survive one week at a time, and picked what I thought was the surest best - I ended up winning the pool - over $700 for the $10 I put in!!