Jordan Poyer coming up on CBS Sports Radio

Seasons1992

Just caught this:

- Pitt Sunday night - vibe?

- Great vibe all week, excited about oppty to be abe to play nationally and be able to show what we can do .  Not a lot of people around the nation had seen us play so it was fun to be able to go out there and one get a victory and get some respect for our team

- What did you see on fumble in red zone

- They came out in wildcat.  It was a low snap that kind of caught them off guard initially, they had a problem with the mesh point and the ball popped out I ran to the ball and was able to fall on it - huge play for our team

- Int in EZ

- Sean and the staff did a great job.  Kodak - he saw Kodak where they came out in a formation and he called time out .  Even before the TO I kind of had a sense on what they were trying to do based on the film study.  We called TO and we were bringin the pressure out of the TO, and they came out with the same formation.  I was able to read Duck's eyes and I got a great jump on the football and made the play

- Penalty kick celebration

- (laughs) Think I still have some work to do, my soccer skills aren't as good as I hope they'd be - but all year we've been talking about something new that we could come up with.  I caught the pick and Micah was like let's do the celebration.  I think it was probably an illegal PK kick because my team mates were over the line, but we'll take it

- How does this playoff trip compared to last one

- It all started when Sean first got here and built the culture.  That first year it almost was we weren't really expecting to win, it just kind of happened.  This year we go into every game expecting to win, no matter who we're playing, where we're playing.  So I think just the mindset of our team - the guys in the locker room, the type of guys that we have,  just the culture here is we expect to win and we work extremely hard.  That's just our mindset

- Sean McD

- He lets us go out there - he says 'play unconscious' - Play fearless, don't be afraid to make a mistake - that's when we play our best - playing fearless and playing fast.  Sean was a safety back in college, and has a long history of coaching DBs, so having his input - he's a very defensive minded coach - tells us how he sees things and how it should be played and we go out and execute it.  It's been fun playing for coach and we want to keep rolling

- Bills Mafia, airport

- It was great 2 in the morning and like 10 degrees.  It took probably 30 mins just to get out of the parking lot - everyone was lined up and cars going through and everybody like kind of pounding the cars and saying congratulations.  It was really cool - gives us a good vibe.  We want to win for the city, this organization wants to put this city on its back - we want to win for the city and we see the outcome when that happens

- Secondary such big role in changing results and culture

- Three of us came in at the same time - and we had guys like Matt Milano and Jerry Hughes - then the other guys they brought in - with Tremaine Edmunds, Lorenzo, Star, Ed Oliver.  It such a unique group  of guys on the defensive side, the whole team, but the defensive side we all hang out off the field, we're all real close to each other, our families are all real close to each other.  I truly believe that translates to the field.  We work extremely hard - offseason, practice, week of games preparing, You're not playing with team mates you're playing with your brothers and you want to go to war with your brothers

- Patriots

- One of the better teams - it comes down to like coach says your 1/11th - understanding and doing your job each play.  Not try to do someone else's job, just focus in on your job this play and just play football.  It's just another football game for us.  We're excited for the oppty to go to NE and put on a show.  4:00 - everyone will be watching - just have to keep preparing and understand how they're attacking defense and just go out there and play ball

- Talked about recent charity bowling event for child with cancer

Pro-Bills talk as usual post interview by Rome - he loves the Bills

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 9