Bills Article

Buffalo Bills Off-Season Preview

By: Kevin Fischer

The Buffalo Bills had a successful 1st season under new head coach Mike Mularkey, as with the emergence of Willis McGahee; the Bills got to a 9-7 record and were one game away from the playoffs. The Bills will be without a first round pick, but with Henry requesting a trade; it could lead the way for a possible trade that could bring a draft pick for the bills. Well, enough of my writing lets role on to the preview.

The Bills Free Agents do not look at costly as you might think. Yes, Jonas Jennings is a free agent, but Jennings isn't very good. Jennings is a good run blocker, but his pass blocking isn't very well, as he looks very lazy during the pass rush. The Bills might bring him back if Moulds contract does get reworked, and maybe Jim McNally, the Bills offensive line coach, can work with him. Though Jennings could be too much to bring back, and tackles like Tra Thomas, Kareem McKenzie, and Ryan Diem are all UFA's. Marcus Price, the Bills backup Offensive Tackle, is also a free agent, though I think he will return. Plus, possibly players like Justin Bannan, and Jason Peters will probably convert to Offensive Linesman. Mike Pucillo, a backup Guard, is a Restricted Free Agent, but don't expect any offers, he should return to Buffalo next year. Ryan Neufled is another Free agent. He is a great blocker, and a hard worker. He is cheap, and you should expect him to return next year. Now, about Travis Henry, he will be traded for at best, a 2nd or 3rd Round pick. Teams like Tampa Bay, Oakland, Arizona, Miami are interested according to Henry. But, with a good free agent pool, with Shaun Alexander, LaMont Jordan, and a great draft class in Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, and Cedric Benson, it could be hard for the Bills to get a higher pick.

On the defensive side of the ball, the bills look to have to fill in some holes. Pat Williams, a Bill since 1997, is a free agent, and might be let go. Now, Buffalo has some depth in Tim Anderson and Ron Edwards, but they might not be able to replace Williams, whom was a leader and played his whole career in Buffalo, also was a pro bowl alternative and a respected person in Buffalo for his work in the community, and being a good neighbor, as well as being able to "pimp" your ride. And no I am not kidding. Josh Stamer is a free agent, and he'll probably be brought back. Stamer is a special team player, but was one of the best special team player, and a solid backup to Jeff Posey. Kevin Thomas is a RFA. Thomas, whom spilt time with Jabari Greer at nickel, has the potential to be a very good career nickel back. With Troy Vincent pulling a "Rod Woodson", moving from Corner to safety, expect Thomas to return. Izell Reese is also a free agent, and with Vincent at safety, and the great play of Rasheed Baker, and players like Laywer Milloy and Coy Wire, I would be shocked if he returned. Also, with Pierson Prioleau, I can see him being a June 1st cut, but don't take my word for it. Mostly with the depth at safety, I can't see the Bills carrying 5 safeties.

With the draft coming up, it is going to be interesting what the Bills will do. Last time when they were without a first round pick, in 2003, when the Bills winded up trading the rights of Peerless Price to Atlanta for the Falcons 1st Pick, 23rd overall. The Bills drafted RB Willis McGahee out of Miami, and look how he is now. Well, unless we make a hugh trade, the Bills will probably draft without the first round pick in 1998, when we traded for Rob Johnson, someone that is a disgrace to the Bills. A Draft preview will be in the works very soon, since it is too early to tell with Free Agency coming up. J.P. Losman, our 22nd pick of the 2004 Draft, will be given a chance to start, as Tom Donahoe, the Bills GM and President said. Hopefully, J.P. Losman and his 4.6 Speed will give the Bills, the scrambling QB that Drew Bledsoe isn't, and hopefully, isn't a Rob Johnson.

man that's a terrible article. doesn't even get his facts right. jonas was our best pass blocker, but he wasn't very good in the run game and was never into the second level. Jonas is good for protecting a pocket passer. he's not good for a power running game.

and how about this sentence:

"Mike Pucillo, a backup Guard, is a Restricted Free Agent, but don't expect any offers, he should return to Buffalo next year."

Which is it, a guy who shouldn't expect an offer, or a guy who will be back in Buffalo?

This is a good example of the explosion of amateur nfl pundits out there and how few good ones there are.

The only thing worse than a factually incorrect article is a poorly written and factually incorrect article.

Jonas' pass blocking "isn't very well"? Did it have a fever or something?

And what will happen if we make that "hugh" trade? Are we getting Douglas?